Not the greatest New Year eve

Sarang had just came home after shooting for her upcoming movie. To say she was exhausted would be the biggest understatement ever. For the past two months, she has been absolutely packed with schedules.

The movie titled as "Call"  revolves around Seo-yeon (played by Sarang) and Young-sook (Jeon Jong-seo), two women from different times who connect through a phone call that interchanges their fates. It was a psychological thriller.

This was the first time for her to dip her feet in this genre and though she was inexperienced, the director and staff all praised her for her natural acting skills.

This was also the first time she acted in a movie. Truth be told, she was a bit skeptical about it, fearing her fans might not like the drastic change in the genre of her choosing. But she trusted her acting skills, and she trusted Sarangdan.

It was New Year's Eve and usually she either would've spent it with her family or her friends. But because of her schedule she opted to spend it by herself. It's not like she had to stay in her home by herself for months on end. Spending time alone for a couple of days won't drive her crazy.

As she got ready for the bed she saw her phone buzzing with notifications. Alarmed, she sat up straight and decided to look through the myriad of messages and DMs. For a small moment, her heart almost dropped to her feet, imagining worst case scenarios.

What if her family was in danger. What if one of her friends was in danger? Has she done something that has enraged the public? Was her music career over?

Countless questions ran through her head at the speed of light. Taking a deep breathe to calm herself down, she clicked onto the message sent by her Manager.

"Go and check Naver rn"

Shakily, Sarang clicked onto Naver website and her name was at #1 on the trending keywords. It was the most searched thing at this very moment. Whatever the issue was, the entire nation was talking about it.

Sarang looked down at the other keywords and her eyes slightly widened in realization.

#1 Sarang

#2 Doni and coni

#3 choi Sarang weekly idol

#4 Sarang, doni coni

#5 weekly idol

#6 seventeen doni coni

#7 minghao

#8 seungcheol

#9 mingyu seventeen

#10 Sarang, seventeen weekly idol

As she clicked onto her name, she was met with hundreds of news articles. All of them basically talking about the same thing.

It seems like the public is finally aware of the disaster that was the weekly idol episode. The episode was scraped completely. The directors initially planned on releasing the "good and fun" parts but it seems like they ultimately decided to forgo it all together.

Sarang wondered how the public got to know of it and clicked on the top article.