Reactions and Achievements

WORLDSTAR SARANG IS BACK

By:- Kim Yumi

The biggest kpop soloist and one of the top artist in the world right now, Choi Sarang is back with a full length album.

Sarang who released her pre-release single Hang In There, It'll Be Okay (HITIBO) back in July, has made her much awaited comeback with a full length album called "Vintage".

The album draws heavy inspiration from sixties and seventies music and its main elements are Jazz, Rock & Roll, R&B, and Disco Pop. Sarang amazed the netizens as she debuted blonde and short hairstyle. A first since her debut five years ago.

Sarang seemed to have channeled her inner Marilyn Monroe for the album, as she has paid homage to the legendary artist and referenced to her throughout her mv.

The album has received highest scores from NME and other critics who have termed it as "Greatest Album Of The Decade" and "Perfect Homage to the Golden Era".

With the release of this album, Sarang became the fastest soloist to become a Million Seller as Vintage sold out 1.6 Million copies on the first day itself on Hanteo.

The song topped all of Korean music charts and is on way to become the song with the most PAKs.

The music video got a whooping 92 Million views in its first 24 hours. A world record for a soloist.

With the release of Vintage, Sarang secured her fifth consecutive #1 Billboard 200. The records for the album are endless as Sarang became the first Korean soloist to debut at #1 on Billboard Hot100. Golden Blues has also become the first song sung in Korean language to top the charts.

Her entire album has charted within the top 20 of Billboard Hot100 creating a new world record.

Sarang became the first Korean artist to have the entire top 10 of ITunes charts full of her songs.