Day 2 Part 2

I opened the door expecting to see a couch one could lie on but instead it was a formal setting of a desk and three chairs. I looked over to the large window and there was a seat there.

"Miss Emily Kent." A man greeted me as he looked up from his papers. I looked at him blankly, "Have a seat." He said pointing to a chair in front of him.

I sat down and folded my hands in my lap and pursed my lips. "Welcome to the Fordingbridge Asylum." He said with a smile and a nod. "See I don't sugarcoat anything. This is where you are. A home for the crazy." He said.

I felt my heart pound in my chest. "Or mentally disturbed." He said. I squeezed my hand till my knuckles went white. "Societies rejects." He added.

I snorted and gripped the chair arms, from then on I promised myself I would not talk to this man, I would make his job a living hell. He had no right. To call me crazy and give me 'medication' to make me 'normal'.

"Psychotic." He murmured just loud enough for it to make my blood boil. "Hazards in society." He added. I felt my insides twist in anger and confusion.

He smiled at me, "Are you not going to give me a reaction?" He asked. I stared defiantly back at him, "You are a strong person and don't you ever forget that. I'm done, you can leave my office now."

I felt my face scrunch in confusion, how was that going to help anything, what did that establish? A lean, clean shaven man-boy came into the office and looked at me before motioning for me to follow him. I followed him a bit dazed from my so called 'session'.

"You must be new here." He said. His voice was alluring, it was gentle and demanded one to listen. I nodded still a bit dazed, seeing as Dr Davids gave a whole new meaning to Psychiatrist.

"What did Dr Davids say to you?" He asked. He didn't sound curious nor did he sound caring. I shrugged my shoulders just wanting to go back home -well the place that was turned into a crime scene- home.

"I'm going to give you the grand tour." He said giving me a smile. "Um... do I know you?" I asked with a frown. Looking closely at his face; his eyes looked familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.

His lips twitched momentarily, "No, unless you've been here before." He said making me shake my head, his unique blue eyes shone with amusement but his other features emotionless.

After the incredibly vague tour of the Asylum he lead me back to my cell, handing me some chocolate pudding and a plastic spoon. "See you tomorrow Emily." He said closing and locking the door behind him.