300 days left

I had continued reading the diary of M who had randomly killed people in between April 2011 and April 2013. The pattern was that he carried out the gruesome murders that left girls with no families in April. Which left me wondering why the murders of my family was done in January.

I was sitting in Dr Davids office, waiting to begin my last 2 hour session. I heard the door open and I proceeded to press the tape recorder. "Miss Kent before we start is there anything you would like to say?" He asked and my heart skipped a beat thinking he was referring to the diary.

I turned around to face him, "No." I said relaxing when I noticed he was distracted. "I wanted to ask however, if it's possible that you could help me access my memories of that night?" I asked quietly. He looked at me with widened eyes.

"Miss Kent are you sure you want to do that? You might see something you don't want to? There is a reason your brain suppresses the memories." He said making me highly suspicious.

"I'm sure, it's what I want to do." I stated firmly. He looked at me and then rolled his chair to the other side of his desk where I was. "Alright. I need you to listen to everything I say." He told me.

I nodded, "Close your eyes." He said. "Now I want you to tell me exactly about that day. Before they were killed. What did you do? Where did you go?" "In the afternoon I went shopping with Cat at the mall near our house. She dropped me off at my house at around 6pm. My mom was angry that I came home later than I promised. I told her she should leave me alone that it didn't harm anyone." I choked up a bit but kept going.

"She started shouting at me saying that I wasn't being responsible. I shouted at her yelling and telling her to leave me alone. I remember my dad came home and heard me shouting at mom. He told me I need to learn respect. I told them I hated them both and ran upstairs to listen to music in my room." I wiped a tear from my eye.

"Keep your eyes closed. Then what happened?" He asked. "It was around 8, I went downstairs because I felt bad about what I said. I went into the kitchen and I saw a pool of blood, I rounded the counter and saw my baby..." I let out a sob.

"My baby brother, I drew him close to my chest, I took off my pajama top and frantically tried to wrap his cuts. I cried out to my parents. I heard a noise coming from somewhere in the house." I said. "My brother by then was al- already gone so I picked up the first knife I could find..."

"Miss Kent, where did the noise come from?" He asked. "I think it was coming from the lounge or the door to the attic... Wait no no it was coming from the study... I- I can't remember." I said quietly. "Okay Miss Kent I want you to describe the sound." "It was like someone bumped into something. It sounded like wood. We only had wood in the study. It was the study."

"Did you turn around to face it?" He asked. "Yes I did briefly." "Describe what you saw." "A man wearing a mask." "Miss Kent are there any distinctive features?" I drew in a breath and felt my pulse quicken, "His eyes. Oh my goodness. No no no." I opened my eyes quickly and jumped away from Dr Davids. I wiped away the tears on my face, "His beautiful void eyes."