Day 3 Part 2

I slid down the wall in my cell and let out a blood curling scream. I hit the wall repeatedly it was made out of soft material, probably some sort of cushion.

I hated this place, I hated the white walls, the stupid cafeteria, the stupid rule of no forks or knifes, I hated the hospital smell.

I put my head against the wall and took a deep breath. I felt myself tear up, I missed them so much, no one believed me; I didn't do it.

I remember holding my little brother for the first time. His face was so tiny and the corner of his eyes crinkled up as I sang to him, he made gurgling noises. Mom had said it was his way of saying I sounded beautiful.

I remember tickling his tiny palm and him grabbing my pinky and wrapping his fingers around it. As I tried to take it out he squeezed it, and I stood there staring in adoration of his miniature features.

My mind instantly flashed from the first time I saw my baby brother to the last time. He had slice marks along his small arms which were a bloody mess, his blonde hair was matted against his forehead with blood.

The scary thing was the fact that when I tore off my pj top to wrap his wounds he was still awake, barely but still enough to feel the pain. His eyes were filled with terror as he coughed blood up weakly.

His eyes. I could never forget them, after he died in my arms his eyes were still open and as I laid his head down on the floor it felt like his eyes were staring into my soul.

I cried at the sight of my 5 year old brother, his eyes carried so much terror that I couldn't look at him any more. But I remember screaming as I fell on the ground holding his limp body to mine.

I heard the door open and I looked towards it. "It's lunchtime." Eric said, "You have rights to the cafeteria now. " He added making me look at him through my eyelashes.

"You look like you've been through hell." He said closing the door behind him slightly. He walked towards me and sat down next to me. "For the record," he said as he moved a strand of my hair away from my eye and twirled it playfully between his fingers. "I think you didn't kill them."