Day 19 Part 1

I went to the "game room" after showering and eating breakfast. Mike let me in and another worker was already in there with someone else so he left me alone.

The other patient was making a puzzle, she looked about 10 or 11. "Hello." She said quietly. The worker that was in the room looked at me and shook her head.

"Three people are playing a game, something harmless. Two of them attack the third person, the third person fights them back and both of them are badly injured. What do you call the third persons actions?" She asked making me feel extremely uncomfortable.

I walked closer and sat down in front of her. "Self defense." I said putting my hands in the air. "No it's called being psychopathic. According to everyone around me." She said. I looked down at her hands which had a few bruises, she even had a busted knuckle.

I cleared my throat and stood up walking over to the book shelf. There was an odd looking small book that didn't have a title on the spine I took it out a proceeded to open it.

I heard a keycard being used and I jumped in my skin and hid the book behind my back. "Hi Emily." Eric said with a smile as he brought in a middle aged man whose arms was wrapped up in one of those funny things with the lock.

"Eric." I said with a nod, I turned around and slipped the small book in my pocket. Eric gave me a funny look when I turned around to meet his gaze. I walked towards the door to go back to my room eager to see what the book was all about.

"You can't leave till Mike comes back for you." The lady worker informed me. "Oh I'll take her back to her room." Eric said nonchalantly. He gently took my elbow and lead me out before the lady could protest.

We got to my room and Eric opened the door for me. He gave me a kiss on the cheek before leaving. I took out the book and opened to the first page.

Hello,
November 2007

Oh the thrill. Today I did it, I did it for the second time. I played God and took a persons life.

I felt my heart jump, this was a diary of a killer.

He was a classmate of mine and everyone hated him. I hated him. So I planned the perfect murder, I'm sure to get away with it. The police haven't found him yet and his parents think he ran away. He was a menace, I'm sure even they are happy he is gone. I buried his worthless body near a marsh. I need to do it again.

Truly yours, M

I closed the book and my eyes widened as I looked at it. Was he here? Did this killer reside here? Was he going to look for his diary?! I heard keys clinging outside the door. I shoved the diary in my pocket and got up to move to the basin.