284 days left Part 2

Before I accepted defeat Dr Davids turned his gun towards a very dazed Eric. "Eric, you are under arrest for the attempted murder of Emily Kent. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will..." I stared in awe as Dr Davids took out a badge from his pocket.

"Miss Emily Kent you will be escorted to a nearby hospital by my colleagues." He said formally as two people came in, a man and a woman. "It seems as though you have a nasty cut." He said as he handcuffed Eric. I glanced down at my side and saw my top was soaked in blood.

Now that the adrenaline had worn out I felt a piercing pain. "I have a lot to tell you, and you have a lot to explain." I said quietly as I was escorted out. I felt my eyes drooping.

~•~

I woke up to bursts of color all around the room. I lifted my head up a bit to try and register where I was. "Miss Kent you need to rest." "Dr Davids?" I muttered closing my eyes again. "Actually my name is Steven Dotson." He said with a chuckle. "You're quite the fighter." I nodded as I nestled back into the comfortable pillow, "The diary, my voice recorder." I said instantly opening my eyes again.

"Don't worry, we've got all of that and Eric is currently in custody being read the long list of murders he is under arrest for." I let my eyes close again. "Thank you for saving me." I said quietly. "No Miss Kent, I should be thanking you, you brought closure to so many families. You solved cases that had been cold for so many years. I've been undercover for so long trying to catch Eric."

"Michael." I said quietly. "His name is Michael. I don't want him to get the death penalty, no no no. Michael must suffer, he must spend the rest of his miserable life in jail where he belongs. He should spend his days in solitude. No contact with anyone."

"I hear you and I will see what I can do." Steven patted my hand and stood up. "You did good kiddo." I opened my eyes to look at him, "Thank you." I whispered. He looked down at me and all I saw was a broken man. "Miss Emily," he said choking up, "Yes?" I urged him to speak. "Your uncle, your uncle helped Eric to cover any murders he didn't execute properly. Eric killed him about a week ago." He answered.

I breathed out deeply, I felt the tears sliding down my cheeks. "Miss Kent, that's not all." I grabbed the white sheets, feeling my heart breaking all over again, "You have an explosive personality, your circumstances have left you unstable and aggressive. As soon as you are well enough you are being transferred to Longdale Asylum."