285 days left Part 1

I left the closed diary in plain sight on my bed. I went over to the sink, Eric should be coming soon to take me to the game room like I asked.

I opened the tap and splashed some of the water on my face. Taking a deep breath and turned to face the opening door. I let out a sigh, "Do you need something?" I asked Dr Davids with a frown.

"Miss Kent, what are you about to do?" He asked, "The way you spoke two days ago did not sit right with me, I want to make sure you are not doing something stupid or something you'll regret."

"If I don't do what I'm about to do the killer will go free, and I cannot, no I refuse to stand by and not do something when I know it will guarantee closure for so many people." I said adamant as ever.

"Miss Kent there is something you should know, I'm-" Dr Davids stopped and cleared his throat. "Being paged so we will continue our session in an hour." He said making me turn around and look at him funny.

Till I realized Eric had just entered the room, "Don't worry Dr Davids I will make sure everything is in order then I too will be on my way." Eric said politely. Dr Davids nodded looking at me with a look of true fear.

I shook it off, pressed record on the recorder in my pocket and turned to Eric once Dr Davids left. I used my hands to place his on my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck

"Today is gonna be the day
That they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow
Realized what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do about you now
Back beat, the word is on the street
That the fire in your heart is out..."

I sang as I danced around with him. He buried his head in the crook of my neck. We danced around the room for a while till his grip on my waist tightened. I stopped singing, "Is something wrong?" I asked innocently. "No nothing." He said calmly.

"Where did you get that book?" He asked without letting go of me. I looked up at him and gave him a small smile, "The library, I haven't read it yet. I've been to busy in and out of sessions and what nots." I said.

"Em..." I felt my blood boil as he addressed me with a pet name. "I don't think you should read it." He said lightly as if he wasn't scared on the inside. "Why not? Was it not good?" I asked him innocently. "No not really I could take it back for you and bring a better book." He said letting go of me.

"No that's fine I think I might start reading it to see if it's something I like." "Em, I don't think you want to do that." He said calmly. "Why are you being so adamant about it?" I asked letting go of him.

"Because it's mine." He said reaching for it. I pushed him out the way. "What is it Eric?" I shouted grabbing the book. "Leave it alone Emily." He said getting up walking towards me. "What is it Eric? A diary?" I asked.

He stopped in his track and his eyes widened. "Emily Kent if you don't f*cking drop that book right now. I don't know what I will do to you." His voice dangerously low. "Is that a threat?" I yelled. His calmness caused a raging storm in me.

"Emily I never ever wanted to hurt you physically. You see it's really not my fault I am the way I am or do what I do."