299 days left

I still felt sick to my stomach. After my discovery I had begged Dr Davids for a few more days of solidarity and I asked him to forbid that evil evil guy from coming near me or my room. He agreed as long as I didn't alert anyone of my findings which I hadn't planned to.

So now I was here sitting on the floor in the middle of my cell. My heart was heavy and I felt disgusted with every part of my body. I felt disgusted with my bed. I felt disgusted with myself. How could I have been so stupid, so naive, so trusting?

I closed my eyes as I held my head in my hands. I screamed, I screamed as loudly as I could. All my raw emotion coming out. A few seconds later I heard rattling by my door. I got up as the person opened the door, "Get out." I screamed hitting the person in the process.

It was Mike. He shielded himself with his arms, "Emily stop." He pleaded. I didn't though, I punched his stomach and kicked his shin, "I said get out!" I screamed with force. He backed out of the door but not before saying, "Don't let this place get to you."

"SHUT UP SHUT UP DON'T EVER SAY THAT SHUT UP!" I shouted blocking my ears. I threw my pillow across the room. He was in my head, he was winning. Driving me insane. This was all one sick game to him, I hated Eric with everything in me.

I had to beat him, if not for my own sanity then for justice for all those other victims, closure for surviving family members. I would have to act like nothing happened, like I didn't just find out he brutally murdered my whole immediate family.

I paced the room. I needed to put on the performance of a lifetime. I needed to become detached from my situation. I vowed from that moment on to use the next few days of solidarity to work on that.

I needed to beat the bastard at his own game. And I would need a final big act of heroism for the right people to find the tape recorder. But for the time being I focused on learning to control my emotional response.