Day 4

I looked up from my tangled bedsheets at the wall on my right. I heard muffled screaming, "Hello?!" I yelled as I moved closer to the wall.

The screaming got more intense, "Can you hear me?" I shouted louder against the wall. "I can hear them all." A little girl's voice called out and she screamed again causing me to flinch.

"Are you okay?" I yelled pressing my hand to the cushioned wall. "No, no one in here is okay!" She sounded distressed, I heard some scratching, "We aren't safe here." She said quieter this time.

I jumped as my cell door banged, "Emily." Eric said as he walked towards me, he took my hand and led me to the bed. He sat me down, "Emily don't talk to that girl... she is crazy." He said.

"Aren't we all." I said with a sarcastic laugh. "Don't joke, I'm serious." He said as he took a loose strand of hair, twirling it as he stared mindlessly at it. He mumbled something under his breath, "What?" I asked slowly removing my hair from his hold.

He smiled, "Nothing, I came to call you for your session with Dr Davids." He said standing up. He moved towards the door without a noise and opened it.

We walked passed the little girl's cell and I couldn't help but look through the small window by the door, the little girl was curled in a ball on the floor. And it made my heart clench, she looked so tiny and fragile.

"Looks can be deceiving." Eric said as he guided me to Dr Davids room. I gave him a kurt nod before knocking on the door, instead of waiting for an answer I walked right in.

My uncle turned his head and looked at me in surprise, "This is my time so get the hell out." I said leaving the door open, "Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out." I said.

He shut the door behind him and Dr Davids looked at me. "You realise-" he began as he stirred his steaming cup with amusement. "That you are showcasing signs of serious misplaced anger."

"I think that you are not angry at your Uncle but instead you're angry at yourself." He continued clearly mistaking my look of distaste for a prompt to carry on. "For not being able to protect your family."

I sank into the chair, "So you believe I didn't kill them." He looked at me square in the eyes with a taunting smile, "Let's just say, Miss Kent, I know you didn't kill them."

"Dr Davids! A patient is having a panic attack." A nurse said slamming his door open. "And?" He asked clearly unimpressed. "Oh, doctor you care." She said before leaving.

He turned to me and stood up, "Please get out I need you- to go." He said as he lead me out. He ran down a hallway and I went the opposite way wandering down hallway after hallway.

"No." A man yelled from one of the rooms. "NO STOP! NOT MY BABY GIRL, NOT MY BABY!" He yelled. Curiously I looked inside his room and I wish I hadn't.

At that moment he threw himself against his cell door and looked at me through the small window. His eyes. All I could see was my baby brother's eyes.

I felt my legs go numb and weak as I grabbed my head in my hands. "No, Matty no." I screamed seeing his limp body lying before me and a bloody knife in my hands. All I could focus on was my heavy panting as my world went black.