310 days left

After reading another few killings from the diary. I determined that it could not be a woman. The way M talked about being on dates and intimate sexual relations he had with certain woman before killing them pointed towards M being a man.

I felt sick as I took out the notebook Dr Davids gave me.

Mike
Dr Davids
Eric
Uncle Dan
Lady that was in the game room
Timid lady who gave me voice recorder
Jackson
Sour looking man

I crossed out timid lady and lady in game room. I was left with Mike, who because of the first letter of his name was under my suspicion still even though he was the sweetest man I had met. Dr Davids, who had enough opportunity to get away with murder. Eric, highly unlikely because he treated me with such affection. I could not imagine him being this cruel detached person capable of such acts.

Uncle Dan, just a complete asshole but not capable of killing. But if he did he also had a good cover. Jackson a volunteer at the asylum, it couldn't be him but everyone was a suspect. Sour looking man, he seemed to be full of hatred so it was possible.

I closed the notebook and laid back on my bed staring up at the ceiling. "No let go of me." I heard the girl next door scream. I moved towards the wall. "Are you okay?" I shouted. "No no please help me! He wants to kill my mommy." She cried. "He has a knife, help me please. Please stop! Stop!"

I felt my heart skip a beat, "Amelia." I called out. "How do you know my mommy's name? Are you working with him? Are you leaving her to die? Her blood it's all over! Her white nightgown is soaked in blood. I hate you. Let go of me." I heard a dull thump. "Are you still there are you okay?" I heard no response.

I went back to my bed a bit shaken up. I opened the diary to one of the entries I had just read.

July 2011

Amelia. She is truly naive. She let me into her home after the second date which was at my stand up apartment, she was only asking to be killed. I held on to her, she thought it was affection. Her little girl came running out. At first she was smiling looking at her mother and I. Till she saw the glint of the knife. "No no please help me! He wants to kill my mommy." She shouted trying to get her mothers attention. I brought the knife down and stabbed her mom in the back then the front. Her white gown soaked in blood, I let her fall to the ground. I was safe, she hadn't told anyone about me. Her daughter was 5 and had not seen my face ever. No one would believe her they would just think she was crazy or broken.

Truly yours, M

After this there was no doubt in my mind M was someone who worked in the asylum. Who had constant access to patients. After that I crossed out Uncle Dan and Jackson.

Mike
Dr Davids
Eric
Sour looking man

"M whoever you are," I thought, "I will find you."