Day 13 Part 2

After having a refreshing shower and a meal of fish fingers on buttered bread I went to Dr Davids office. I knocked quietly on the door, "Come in." I went in with hesitation.

Dr Davids looked up from his computer and sighed, "I have requested that the judge allow me to keep you here until I deem it fit for you to be let back in society or to serve jail time. I have also told Eric a few things you've unlocked." I let out a breath that I did not realize I was holding.

I was relieved, I would pick this place over rotting in a jail cell awaiting the day I was to be killed. That was, until I could prove my innocence. "That's all Miss Emily Kent." He said with a tired sigh. He closed his eyes and rubbed his temple.

Something about those gestures made me feel pity for him, like he was somehow in the wrong place at the wrong time with all of this. "I'm sorry." I murmured as I had my hand on the door, "I'm sorry for slapping you and saying those things."

"I'm sorry too, this situation is much more complicated than me giving a testimony and it freeing you from all charges." He said quietly rubbing his eyes. I didn't respond as I opened the door.

I went down to the cafeteria where Eric had told me to meet him. I saw him intensely staring into space. "Hey." He said without batting an eyelid as I jumped in fright not realizing he knew I was there.

He smiled as he turned to me, "We have a game room here. There are board games of all sorts, there is even a piano." My smile faltered for a moment as I thought back to how happy my baby brother had been when our late gran left her grand piano to us.

"Are you okay?" He asked leaning forward, his face about a ruler length away. "I'm fine." I said as my heart skipped a beat, those eyes. So beautiful, so void. He nodded and got up from the table.

He used his keycard to enter into the room. It was nothing much, there were a few beanbags here and there. There was a big sofa against the wall, the piano was on the other side of the room and there was a shelf with multiple games and books.

"You'll always need supervision when you come here as you can tell by the keycard entry." He said walking further into the room which was empty. "Am I allowed to take a book to my room?" I asked eying The Fault In Our Stars. "Well... Okay." He answered.

I went to the shelf and took the book, "Eric." I called out to him, he turned around and moved closer to me, "yes." I moved a bit closer, closing the gap between us so our faces were inches apart. "Thank you." I whispered, "It's just a book." He smirked. "For everything." I said wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him closer.

"I'm about to do something inappropriate and totally unacceptable." I murmured. I kissed him right on his lips. His oh so soft, welcoming lips.