Day 14

Eric had kissed me back but hadn't said anything at all. He had walked me to my room and unlocked the door. I had tried talking to him but each time he had interrupted me with a louder than words stare.

Now I was sitting cross legged on my bed reading The Fault In Our Stars. I heard some keys rattling outside my door, looking up I saw Eric. He walked towards me without a word and gently grabbed the back of my head pulling me to him.

He was kissing me! He was kissing me. I closed my eyes and dropped the book as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Beautiful sad girl, we both know this is artificial." He said resting his forehead on mine.

His eyes. So beautiful, so void. "Why do you work in an asylum?" I asked pushing myself away from him and leaning against the headboard. "I don't think I can say this without sounding crazy, but I'm drawn to it. My mom was booked into an asylum when I was about 5. I visited her almost everyday for 7 years. Minus the days my dad caught my uncle trying to take me there. Which was only when he was sober. Which was..." Eric laughed as he pushed himself off the bed, "hardly ever."

"But he has paid for what he has done, so has his mistress." He said with an emotionless smile. "I only wish my mom hadn't gone crazy." He sighed looking at the wall blankly. "I'm sorry." I said shrugging off the feeling of wanting to kiss him again.

"Could I ever get visitors?" I asked curiously thinking about my best friend Cathy for the first time since I got here. "Maybe later on when Dr Davids deems it as okay." He replied. "And do I get to call someone?" "Again if Dr Davids says it's okay."

There was some rattling keys by the door. We both turned our attention to it, "Eric," The asshole who had roughly handled me the first day gruffly said, "What the hell are you doing in here? You're supposed to be monitoring that new nurse in the B section."

"Dr Davids told me to check up on her." Eric said smoothly. The man let out a rough laugh, "Did he now? Then why don't you run along and tell him exactly how she is doing then go and do your appointed duty."

Eric left the room, stealing a glance in my direction. "You should be careful of him sweetheart. Has a way with the ladies." He said before walking towards me holding a tray. "Dr Davids said you should take these two pills and down it with water, here."

"Sweetheart? A few days ago you were downright ready to kill me. I don't trust you, I won't take those till Dr Davids himself comes and tells me to do it." I gritted my teeth together.

"Open up." He ordered disregarding everything I said. I glared at him, "Either we do this the easy, humane way or the hard way. Your choice." He said.

Reluctantly I grabbed the pills from the tray and took the small cup of water. I placed the pills on my tongue and swallowed it using the water. "Open." He ordered. He examined my mouth. "Lift your tongue." I did so and rolled my eyes. "Good now get some rest." He said, "Dr Davids said those might knock you out for a few days."