Day 16

My eyes widened as I looked around. It was my best friends room, her bed I was in her home. Had this all been one crazy nightmare had I dreamt the murders, the asylum, had I even dreamt up Eric?

"Em," Cathy said from her door way. I looked towards where her voice was coming from. I tried to call out to her but my voice was stuck in my throat. "Miss Kent." I frowned at Cathy's change into formalities. "Miss Kent." Her voice started to sound more manly. "Miss Kent."

I woke up feeling extremely groggy. "What the hell did you tell them to give me?" I asked putting a hand to my head. "Just when I think I could trust you, you turn around and do something stupid like this."

"Believe me Miss Kent I'm not the enemy." Dr Davids said. I looked around, taking in my surroundings, there were several other beds in the area. It almost looked like a medical bay. "We had to take a few scans here and there." Dr Davids said.

"And you couldn't do them without knocking me out?" I asked rubbing my temples. "Unfortunately it is procedure and it's easier to do it without patients prior knowledge. We monitor brain activity and emotional responses to certain things while you are 'knocked out'" He said, it did sound logical.

"When can I go to my room, cell or whatever?" I asked lying back down on the bed. "It's all up to your tolerance." He answered. "And Miss Emily Kent be careful."

I looked at him and before I could ask what he meant he left. I sighed highly irritated that I was once again, struggling to move. I rested my head back on the pillow and closed my eyes.

"Miss," I opened one eye and saw a very timid looking woman. "I just wanted to give you this." She said, placing it into my hand. "Tell no one you have, it might come in handy one day."

I looked down at my hand as she left. A small black tape recorder, why would I need that. Shrugging the weirdness off I placed it in the hideous pants pocket that an asylum worker had forced me to wear. Nowadays I just learnt to go along with whatever was happening instead of question it, unless it came to my families case.