Chapter 2

The girl blinked her eyes, hearing the rapid footsteps behind her, and gulped frivolously at the thought of someone following her. She turned back and saw the same man from the donut shop earlier.

Jin smiled and waved his hand at her. The girl took a deep breath and pretended to look strong. "Hey, why are you following me?" She asked sternly and Jin stepped forward.

"You are a kind Earth lander. The first one I encountered who is actually nice. I want to be your friend," he said and creeped the girl out even more. She blinked several times but saw a bike approaching him from behind.

"Move away!" She screamed and Jin furrowed his brows, tilting his head in confusion. But it was too late because the girl pulled him by his arm, causing both of them to fall to the side as the bike rushed past them at a tremendous speed.

Jin's whole body was now on top of her small frame but she pushed him off her, sliding to the side and taking deep breaths. Jin was alerted and he quickly sat up on the street and looked at her in concern. "Are you alright?" He asked, holding her arm and lifting her.

She groaned and tried to stand up slowly with his help. She glared at him and clenched her jaws. "Can you just go? Stop following me," she said in a strict voice. Jin's eyes flicked and his lips curved downward, expressing his sad state.

The girl's eyes softened and she sighed, feeling pain to see a stranger sad. "Go back home." She whispered, moving back from his hold and Jin looked up at her with teary eyes. "There's no reason to go back. I lost everything." He answered and the girl gave him a look of compassion.

"You don't have a place to go back?" She asked, her voice now honey and Jin bit his lips, blinking his tears away. "No."

The girl contemplated her next actions but nothing worse could happen in her already destroyed life so she looked up at him. Taking a deep breath, she gathered the last amount of positivity in her soul and stepped forward.

She raised her hand and placed it on the crown of Jin's head that hung down. He lifted his head, causing the girl to stretch her limb more since he was taller than her.

She flashed him a big grin and Jin could feel the warmth radiating from her features. They looked deep into each other's eyes before she decided to say what she wanted, "Come with me." His eyes widened and he looked at her in shock.

"What?"

Her smile seemed to broaden after his query and she took her hand back, moving it down to hold his wrist. She pulled it, dragging him forward and Jin followed silently, trying to process what was happening, and noticed her grip on his wrist.

"You don't have money to eat. You don't have a place to stay. You lost everything. You need help. That looks familiar." She said, walking forward. "Familiar?" Jin asked, taking long strides to walk beside her while she held his wrist.

Jin looked at the side of her face and the smile was still there since the hood was now not covering her head. "Yeah, familiar because I look the same." She answered and Jin tried to decipher her words.

He was still processing the feelings of Earth landers. What they say or what they do. Everything seems to have deep meaning. Deeper than the people of Solaris.

"I'm Kim Seokjin," he introduced while she turned to look at him with big doe eyes. "Nice name, Jin. I'm Rue Y/n." She said with a smile.

Jin smiled back and mouthed her name to himself to hear how it sounded from his lips. "Y/n. My friend!" He squealed and she turned to her in surprise at his sudden loud voice. She blinked several times and tilted her head cutely.

"My first friend on Earth! Rue Y/n! My friend!" Jin exclaimed and she halted on her steps, looking at him in confusion. "Are you sick perhaps?" She asked, using her other hand and tapping it on her temple to motion if he was sick in the head.

Jin beamed brightly and wrapped his arm around Y/n's arm who gasped at his action. "Thank you for being my friend, Y/n!" He screamed and started running with her in his grip. Him being stronger, Y/n was literally dragged down the street as he happily hopped down the street and took the left turn.

Y/n's eyes widened but she pulled him back, still not leaving his hand, and pointed to the other side. "My house is that way." She said, awkwardly blinking at Jin who circled his lips and nodded before turning to the other direction and started running again. She gasped but let him drag his way back to her home.

The people on the street looked at them with a smile, admiring how cute the couple these days were. Only if they knew both are practically aliens to each other who met at a donut shop in the market an hour ago. For the said male alien screamed while running,

"Let's go to my friend's home on Earth!"

**************

Guess who's birthday is in a few days?