Chapter 18

Y/n squinted her eyes, rubbing them when she heard a manly voice singing to a tune from outside.

She got up from the bed, yawning and her eyes fell on the wall clock showing that it was 11 AM. She stretched her body, got up, put on her slippers, and scrubbed her feet outside her bedroom, following the voice to her kitchen.

"Jin, good morning." She greeted him and yawned again as she saw him preparing breakfast like he had always done for the last few months. "Good morning, butterfly. Aww, look at that drool you got there," he said, eyes fondly sparkling at Y/n's messy hair, closed eyes and the little dried drool on her chin.

He giggled and walked forward to her, abandoning the food. He opened his arms and pulled her in for the daily hug that he takes from her every morning. She used to fight back at first but now it's a normal way of wishing each other a good day.

She kept her head on his chest, him using his sleeve to gently rub the drool off her chin as she wrapped her arms around his waist. To normal people, they might be portrayed as the perfect couple but none of them actually feel something like that for each other.

Or at least, that's what they think.

"Today's Sunday. Why did you wake up so early?" He asked and she took a deep breath. "Just woke up. Oh, I forgot to inform you yesterday. Ms. Lee gave us an off day today," she said, pulling back and staring into his eyes full of astonishment.

"Today's a day off work?" He questioned and she smiled, nodding. "Wow. That's good. I actually had a lunch date with a woman before our shift but it looks like I don't have to hurry back." He mumbled and she frowned.

Eyes laced with disappointment, she tilted her head at him. "A lunch date?" She asked and he smiled. "Yes. A customer stopped by our store last day and purchased some lipsticks. She invited me for lunch at her restaurant."

"Her restaurant?" Jin nodded, walking back to the bedroom and then bringing in the business card of her restaurant, handing it to Y/n. She took it from him and read the details, her lips parting in surprise.

"Royale Regency? Damn! Ms. Amara Sanders? She's a literal celebrity! She invited you?" Y/n asked Jin who bobbed his head slowly in confusion. "Who is she?"

"Top business women in the country. Owns so many franchises and luxurious hotel chains in this country. Wow!" Y/n said and Jin frowned, nodding his head as he listened to Y/n.

"You should go. Wow! She's rich and if she invited you herself then it means that she's interested in you!" Y/n said with gleeful eyes. Jin smiled at her but a smell interrupted his thoughts.

"Shit! My fried rice!"

-

Jin wore a white shirt that Y/n chose for her two months ago with his salary because he can't just walk around wearing her hoodies and jeans.

Tucking himself into black trousers that she chose a month ago, he fixed his hair, looking at himself in the mirror. He smiled at his reflection, blowing a kiss to himself and winking in the process before waking out of the bedroom.

His eyes fell on Y/n who was sitting on the couch, holding a plate of fried rice he made for her. He smiled and walked to her. "I am ready." He announced and she flinched, turning around to look at Jin from head to toe.

A smile carving on her lips, taking in his handsome appearance, she passed him a thumbs up.

"You look handsome."

"I am worldwide handsome." He winked at her and looked at the television. "So. . ." He said, turning his eyes back to Y/n. She passed him a questionable expression. "So?"

"What will you be doing while I'm away?" He asked her and she smiled, pointing at the television. "Watching Kdrama, eating food and chilling. You should go now," she said and shooed him away.

Jin's smile fell as he watched her eat the rice from the plate. An unsettling feeling crept up his heart as he looked at her, watching television.

He sighed, walking towards the door and twisting the doorknob. He wore the shoes and opened the door, ready to step out of the home but he couldn't take the first step out of the home.

A fancy lunch at a Michelin restaurant was waiting for him.

He turned around and saw Y/n who was looking at him, holding the bland fried rice he made for her. She smiled and waved at him before turning back to the TV.

No.

This doesn't feel right.

He swallowed the lump in his throat and moved his leg back before closing the door. He turned around and walked back to the bedroom.

Y/n watched him, getting back to the bedroom. "Oh? He might have forgotten to take the business card of the restaurant." She chuckled and shook her head, focusing back on the Kdrama.

She giggled at the scene of the male lead snatching the spoon of icecream away from the female lead and making her angry. Raising her hand that held the spoon of rice, she brought it closer to her mouth, ready to gobble it down but suddenly it was snatched away from her hand.

She gasped and turned around, her eyes widened at the sight of Jin wearing his favourite unicorn pajamas and eating the rice from the spoon which she used.

He turned to her, noticing her confused stare, and smiled, scooting closer to her. "What are you doing?" She asked and he smirked at her. "Watching Kdrama, eating food and chilling. Uh-huh. Correction. Watching Kdrama, eating food, and chilling together with my butterfly." He commented and she glared at him.

"She's waiting for you, Jin," Y/n warned him and he turned to look at her firmly. "And you want me to leave you alone? Never."

"But you should spend time with her! Not me! Because she's rich. Owns a lot of assets. She's beautiful—"

"You're better! So shut up and let me watch this Kdrama. I also want to see how dramatic you guys are in the entertainment field." Jin argued and took the plate from her before munching on his fried rice.

She scoffed in anger and rolled her eyes. "I can't believe you ditched a Michelin lunch with a rich lady." She glowered. Jin shook his head. "I prefer eating burnt fried rice as long as it's with you." He commented, turning his head to slyly wink at her.

Y/n rolled her eyes and turned her head away, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

But her lips curled upwards into a big smile, warmth spreading across her heart, giving rise to an unknown feeling.

*******************

Love is in the air. But I don't like windy days in winter!