Chapter 10

Y/n opened the door and Jin followed behind her, exhausted. "I am so tired," he said, stretching his body behind her while she opened her shoes and walked inside quietly, placing the bag of cornflakes and juice on the table. Jin twitched his lips at her ignorance but walked inside. 

"Butterfly," she hummed and he stood behind her figure who was searching through something in her cupboard. "Aren't you going to congratulate me for getting a job on my first day on Earth?" 

She raised her shoulder and took a deep breath, slumping them slowly. She turned around and held Jin's shoulder, his eyes widened when she looked up into his eyes. He gulped but she smiled sweetly, a genuine one. "Congratulations on working in the same place as mine. Remember that you called it bad at first." She said and a soft giggle left her mouth.

It stirred a weird sensation through Jin's body when the vibration entered his ears. 

She petted his shoulder before turning back to the cupboard. "Shirt. We need to buy shirts and some shorts for you." She said, spinning on her heels and handing Jin a hoodie to wear. "Till then, wear these."

He smiled and moved his hand to her head, ruffling her hair, causing it to fall over her glasses and she chuckled, pushing him back. "What is wrong with you?" She asked, pushing him back. He smiled and held the hoodie close to his body. "You are rude at times but you are sweet, butterfly." She scoffed and glared at him playfully.

"That was a mixed insult and appreciation. There is a bathroom. Freshen up. Are you sure, you can use water?" She asked, quirking an eyebrow and he laughed at her expression. "My planet is so developed to create a robot but they don't know about waterproof stuff? You are funny." He commented and Y/n smiled at him, nodding her head.

"I am deadly too. I can kill you and call it a joke. Wanna see?" She asked with her stretched lips but Jin understood that she is indeed scary sometimes. "Where is the bathroom?" She shook her head and pointed her finger to the door.

After freshening up, Jin walked outside the bathroom wearing the hoodie and the same pair of jeans and saw his body suit from the ground all gone. "I put it in the laundry." He turned around and saw her using her phone. She walked to him and took his towel before walking to the window and hanging it to dry up. 

"It was my new towel that I didn't use yet. Thank me for giving it to you," she complained to Jin, taking her glasses off and keeping them on the nightstand. He admired her eyes that held millions of beads of shine even when she glared at him. He smiled. "Thank you, my sweet butterfly."

She nodded, walked to the bed, picked up her towel and pajamas from there, and strolled to the bathroom. Jin followed her there and she screamed. "Jin you are not supposed to follow me in the bathroom as well!" She snarled, pushing him back but he shook his head. "I know. I know. But I wanted to show you that your bathroom doesn't have shower hands and shampoo dispenser." He said and she frowned at him.

"What?"

"You know on my planet we have a shampoo dispenser attached to the shower head and then clicking a button the shower hands come out and help us clean ourselves," Jin said, making Y/n cringe in disgust. "So you mean to say a pair of robotic hands touch my body to clean me up?" Jin nodded.

"Ew! That is so weird!" She said, shaking her head vigorously. Jin passed her an offended look. "How is that weird? You guys wear different colors of clothes, work at convenience stores, pay for food. Those are weird!" Jin pointed out and Y/n gave him a sour look. 

"These are normal!"

"Not in Solaris. We don't need money to eat. We have free food, oxygen, and a home over there for people." He said but stopped, thinking deeply, adding, "Water is expensive though. You have to trade 46 gems to drink a glass of water." Y/n clutched her chest, hearing this strange stuff.

"Weird." Jin looked at her in annoyance. "These are normal to us. What is normal to you is weird to us while our normal things are weird to you."

"But water? Why you gotta pay for it? And gems? What do you mean?" Y/n asked and Jin bobbed his head. "We have to. Fresh water on our planet was over long ago. At that time nearly the entire planet collapsed but one of us created robots to generate fresh water from the sea and now we recycle it. But it is so expensive that humans started to drink less water. Our bodies have adapted to less and less water. Now we drink it as a luxury item."

Y/n rubbed her chin, deep in thought. "So you mean to say that drinking water on your planet is the same as eating at a fancy restaurant here?" She asked and Jin shrugged his shoulder. "Is fancy restaurant expensive?" He asked and she nodded with big eyes. "I've never been to one but hell yeah they are!" 

"Then, yes. It is." Y/n nodded and gave Jin a proud smile. "Your imagination is crazy! Great idea! You should write a book." She said and Jin looked at her in confusion. "You still think that I am lying?" She shook her head before pushing him back, out of her bathroom and waving at him while mumbling,

"It's alright to be delusional if it makes you happy, Jin. I support you."

***********************

Delulu is the?