Chapter 8

Jin carried the boxes across the store when two girls approached him. "Can you—" Jin raised his hand there before fixing his hair and smiling with a victory sign. The two girls frowned at him but he passed them a questioning gaze.

"What happened? Take a picture. Aren't you here to take a selfie with me? Go ahead!" He says and again makes the pose. The girls exchanged awkward glances but gave him a lopsided grin. "We are just asking you where is the rack for the band-aids." One of them explained and Jin's eyes widened.

He straightened up and patted his chest proudly. "At your service. Follow me!" He announced before walking towards the counter. "Y/n," he called her and she rolled her eyes, watching him in the store uniform coat and two girls behind him.

"Where are the band-aids?"

Y/n smiled warmly at the two girls before walking out of the counter. She just walked right past behind them to stand in front of the nearest shelf before grabbing a Pororo band-aid box. She turned around and the girl enjoyed before reaching her hand out to hold the band-aid but Y/n pulled her hand back.

The two girls and Jin looked at her in confusion. "Is it for you?" She asked and the two girls exchanged glances as one of them nodded. She lifted her skirt slightly up, revealing her knee and Y/n noticed the cut over there.

"Oh no! Did you disinfect it?" She asked, holding the girl's bag and pushing her gently towards the counter. "No. I didn't. I have to rush to the academy. I'll be late for classes." She said, getting dragged as Y/n made her sit on the chair placed close to the counter.

"Sit here." The girl obeyed while Jin and the other girl were silently observing Y/n who pulled out a first aid kit. And then slowly treated her wound. Jin's eyes softened to see her actions.

He really loved how some people on earth had warmth and compassion within themselves. He loved watching them care for others. Solaris lacked emotions. Earth wasn't exactly filled with emotional people but certainly, you'll find really good people here and there who are genuinely good.

"And pororo covers your cut to heal it super fast!" Y/n sealed the cut with the band-aid and the two girls giggled at her cute gesture. "You're great!" The girl said, standing up.

"That I am. Here you go." Y/n said, taking out two candies from the pocket of her uniform coat and giving one each to the two girls. The two of them smiled and bowed, thanking her. The girl was about to take out money from her wallet but Y/n stopped her.

"Uhm, I don't think it's needed." She said, shaking her head and giving each of them a band-aid. "Super pororo penguin must do it's duties! So you must keep a band-aid with you always, okay?" She said with a smile. The two girls nodded and raised their hands.

"Super Pororo!" They said and looked at Y/n. "What is your name?" One of them asked and Jin answered. "Y/n. Her name is Rue Y/n." He said with a soft smile.

"Super Y/n!" They squealed and Y/n chuckled at their actions. Jin smiled at them all and raised his hands like Superman. "Super Y/n!" He squealed and all of them laughed together while the two girls excused themselves since they were getting late for classes.

"You're so kind, butterfly," Jin commented while Y/n was keeping the first aid box back in its place. "Thanks, I guess."

"How are you so kind?" He asked and Y/n looked at him. A strange shine in her eyes but her lips curled upwards. "Maybe because the world wasn't ever kind to me?" She mumbled and Jin looked into her eyes.

Sadness.

"Y/n!"

Both of them turned around when a muscular man ran towards Y/n pulling her into a bone-crushing hug, lifting her two inches from the ground. She smiled but smacked his back. "Get off me you muscle bunny!"

He pouted and pulled back to glare at her. "This isn't how you treat your customer, sweetheart." He said and Y/n rolled her eyes but walked past Jin to the fridge to grab a can of coffee from there.

"What are you going to do about it, Jungkook?"

She scanned the can and tossed it to him who caught it swiftly while chuckling at her comment. "Here's the money." He said, keeping the cash on the counter and opening the can before sipping from it.

"What was that?" Jin asked, eyeing both of them and Jungkook looked at him, raising his brows questioningly. "What was what, Jin?" Y/n inquired, walking to him and fixing the collar of the coat while Jungkook eyed them suspiciously behind her back.

Jin looked down at her before grabbing her by her waist and pulling her body against him roughly. She gasped and Jungkook choked on his coffee, spilling some of our on his jacket as Jin questioned, staring deeply into her big brown eyes, their noses almost grazing each other, his head leaned down slightly, feeling her heartbeat accelerating with every second,

"This thing that you both did just now."

************************

I won't mind being engulfed by worldwide arms though

By the way, new year, new character. Here's Jungkook in this story. A young, billionaire, handsome teacher of a well-known academy next to the convenience store Y/n works in.