Chapter 27

Jin gasped, opening his eyes and coming across the white ceiling above him. 

Was it a dream? 

But he felt something shifting in his arms. A warm feeling was spread across his heart when he felt the smaller figure squirming in his embrace while whimpering softly.

Things became very quiet after the soft kiss. Both of them were awkward, shy to be more precise because they couldn't even look into each other's eyes after that.

They straight up returned to their hotel suite and slept. Until Y/n snuggled up into Jin's warmth like her everyday routine, while even he pulled her in his arms like his usual self.

A smile made its way to his face as he pulled back and looked at Y/n's face squished up over his arm. He extended his hand to brush her cheekbones with the tips of his fingers ever so gently and then grazed his knuckles down her jaws. She smiled in her sleep and Jin could feel his emotions skyrocketing at their peak.

His dream was to travel through space to different planets when he boarded the spaceship. But then he met her.

Rue Y/n.

Like an unbreakable star became his dream.

Like the Milky Way that illuminated his dark universe.

As if she was shining towards him. 

The only light found in the darkness was his path to hers.

He was feeling her emotions softening for him and he couldn't ask for anything more. He didn't want to return to his planet, universe, or whatever Solaris was to him. He wanted to stay on Earth. He just wants to be with his butterfly. 

When I am with you, there is no one else.

He pulled the t-shirt that was falling off her shoulder, inwards to cover her collarbones and then the blanket up higher to protect her from the cold. 

"My butterfly."

-

"Why didn't we go to Australia?" Jin questioned, sitting on the seat of the airplane and reading the name of the next location they would be visiting that was printed on the ticket. Y/n was silently looking outside the plane into the clouds in the night sky and shrugged her shoulders, without looking at Jin.

He frowned and placed his hand on her shoulder, pulling her back to see her face. She was smiling sheepishly while looking at him. 

But he can say that it was fake.

"Visa issues. I didn't get a visa." She reasoned, making Jin agree to her words, without any further question. He forced a smile at her.

"So," he initiated and she raised an eyebrow, tilting her head casually. "So?"

"Umm, about the kiss-" he stopped when she started laughing. His smile dropped, replaced by a sudden frown when she looked into his eyes, shaking her head dismissively.

"Jin, you are not from here so this might feel a bit weird but people on Earth think that it is cool to kiss in front of the Eiffel Towel. Even if it is a stranger. That's it." She elaborated and his heart fell at her words. He narrowed his eyes, trying to understand what she was trying to do because if she was intentionally trying to hurt him then it was definitely working.

"What do you mean?"

"It means nothing. It is normal for people on Earth to kiss in front of the Eiffel Tower even when they aren't in any relation with each other. Complete stranger. Just friends-"

"Am I a stranger, Rue Y/n?" Jin asked and she furrowed her brows when he cut her off. "Am I just your friend?" He pressed and she tilted her head, raising an eyebrow at him defensively.

"Are we something more?" He scoffed, a peal of bitter laughter erupting from his chest as he stared into her eyes, trying to search for the answer but it felt like she had again guarded up the walls around her heart to prevent him from looking inside.

"We are not, right?" He asked, biting his lips, looking down at his lap and staying quiet. "I don't think so, Jin. You are the Astronaut from Solaris and I am a normal student from Earth. We are just friends. Or practically, aliens to each other-"

"Shut up." He whispered and looked up into her eyes, his own were burning red. Because of anger? Or because of the tears he was holding in?

Y/n looked into each of his eyes, moving her own eyes from his right eye to his left one and swallowing silently. "Shut the fuck up, Y/n." He said and she blinked at his rough tone. She took a deep breath about to reply to him but Jin closed his eyes, keeping his palm right in front of her eyes, asking her to not speak anything at the moment.

"I don't want to argue with you right now. I don't. Let me breathe." He said, sitting back in his seat properly and throwing his head back over the seat. He took deep breaths, fisting his hands and gliding his tongue across his lower lip. He nodded his head, thinking to himself, and mumbled,

"Let us just go to Venezuela with a calm mind. I don't want to fight with you."

******************************

I expect all my readers to be judging Y/n right now