Chapter 13

Y/n sneezed for the hundredth time while rounding the items of the customer. Jin smiled at the girls who just walked away after clicking a picture with him but then he turned to Y/n who was now coughing under her mask.

"Why are you working if you're sick? What if your germs get into my items?" The customer spat harshly and Y/n looked at him. She bowed apologetically at him. "I'm sorry."

Jin coughed loudly behind the man. The man scrunched his nose in disgust and glared at him, backing away. "Will you please move?" Jin says while coughing vigorously and pushing the man backward towards the exit.

"What the hell?" The man complained, giving Jin a scrutinizing gaze as he stood in front of the door and Jin glared at the man. "Achoo! Acchi! Achoo!" He sneezed in front of the man's face, making sure the traces of his saliva landed on the man. Jin smirked at the man and slammed the glass door in front of his face.

He turned around and looked at Y/n who was smiling at him. "You always act protective around me." She commented and coughed again. But Jin walked to her, looking at her seriously.

"Y/n," he called her name seriously and she looked up at him, her eyes turning glossy. Her skin was pale, eyes were drooping half away. She looked weak.

"Take your mask off," he said firmly, walking to her, holding her wrist, and pulling her out of the counter. She furrowed her brows but shook her head. Jin twitched the corner of his lips and moved his hands to slowly take her mask off.

"What are you doing, Jin? I'm sick." She said and looked at him. He noticed her chapped lips and he cupped her face with both of his hands, squishing her cheeks in the process and making her pout. She blinked several times and he felt her soft cheeks against his palm.

"Hey, you okay, butterfly? You don't look good either." Jin looked at her, his tone sounded worried. He helped her sit down, being more gentle than usual. He touched the sides of her face as if to check her temperature.

"You don't look well at all. Your skin is colder than usual, you look a little pale." Jin took his uniform coat off, offering it to her. "Put this on too. Your lips are turning purple."

"I'm fine." She assured him, trying to keep her eyes open but he bit his lips in frustration. "Try to stay awake, please. I don't want you passing out on me." Jin sounded worried, and he kept rubbing her face.

"You feel a little warm. I think you might have a fever." He said and she looked at him but then her eyes fell on Ms. Lee entering the store. Her eyes fell on Y/n's weak state and she quickly approached the counter in concern.

"What happened? Jin, check her temperature! She looks like she has a fever." Jin nodded as he put his hand on her forehead to confirm it.

"Yes, yes she does. I think we should get her to a doctor," Jin said, looking at Ms. Lee but Y/n parted her eyes, looking at them, shaking her head. "No, please. I don't want to visit a doctor."

"Hey now, don't argue with me. If I want you to see a doctor, I'm going to bring you to one and make sure you're okay. Because I don't want my girl getting sick!" Jin stated firmly and stood up. "I'm not your girl. Shut up! I hate hospitals!" She argued, throwing her head back in pain.

Jin stopped at the door, looking at her.

"Hey, hey. It's okay to be scared. I'm scared too. We're both scared." Jin tried to comfort her. "But we need you to be okay, butterfly. If anything happens to you, I don't know what to do." He said, scanning her body but he gulped noticing her increasing pulse rate and speeding heart.

"I want to sleep." Y/n whined and Ms. Lee helped her stand up from the chair and walked her to Jin. "You can sleep all you want, and I won't stop you, but you know we need to check you first." Ms. Lee said as Jin opened the door and helped to walk her out.

"Come on, butterfly. I'll be with you the whole time, okay?" Jin kept looking at her as her eyes were starting to close. "Don't try to sleep yet Y/n. You need to stay awake, okay? We're heading to the doctor." He reminded her but she closed her eyes, falling from Ms. Lee's grip.

But Jin held her in his arms as she passed out. He panicked and quickly picked her up. "No, no don't pass out. We need to go to the doctor, Y/n, please."

"Jin, take her to the hospital. Wait! Let me call a cab." Ms. Lee informed him and went out to call for a cab from the road. Jin was in a panic. He kept trying to wake her up. He picked her up and ran out the door and towards the first car that stopped in front of the store. He eventually got to the car and laid her out on the back seat.

"Come on, butterfly! Wake up!"

"Y/n? What happened to her?" Jungkook asked in horror, as he looked at her. Ms. Lee looked at them, watching Jin get in Jungkook's car instead of a cab and decide to stay back to take care of the store while Jin asked Jungkook to take them to the nearest hospital.

"Y/n, Y/n, come on! We've almost made it, please wake up, please! I won't be able to forgive myself if something happens to you!" Jin mumbled, rubbing her hands, trying to scan her vitals but they were worsening. Jungkook looked through the rare view mirror. "What happened?" He asked, driving fast.

"Just drive fast! Stop asking stupid questions!" Jin scowled at Jungkook. Jin was in tears at this point as he drove towards the hospital. He thought she was dying and he couldn't do anything besides sitting with her. He prayed for her life, hoping she'd open her eyes.

He eventually made it to the hospital and ran inside, carrying her. "My girlfriend, I need help right this second! She's passed out and she's not waking up!" Jin shouted to a nurse.

They rushed her and him to a room where they quickly got to looking at her vitals.

Jin was in the corner as the doctors and nurses quickly tried to stabilize her. They started taking tests and doing everything they needed to do. Jin was terrified and kept praying for her to wake up. He muttered between tears, his heart in his throat as the doctors and nurses did their work,

"Please. Please! Don't leave me, please don't die, my butterfly."

***************

What did Jin call Y/n? 😲