Chapter 21

Y/n opened the door of her bedroom and her eyes widened to see Jin sitting on her study table while writing something in his notebook. He instantly shot his head at her and curved his lips upwards to beam at her.

She forced a smile at him and walked inside the room, closing the door behind her as she scurried over to him. He watched her fidgeting with her backpack, something unsettling going on within her head but he chose to not pressure her to tell him.

So he masked his uncertain expression with a smile as he looked into her eyes. He could see that she cried, the pink tint at the corner of her eyes was proof of that. He again chose to ignore it. He never forces her to tell him anything because he knows that he will have to figure it out himself since she never expresses herself.

"How are you back so early?" He asked her with a smile and she smiled back at him. Both of them, hid their thoughts in her heart, any of them refusing to let them out to the other. "Why are you at home?" She asked instead and he frowned.

"Didn't Professor tell you?" He asked but she blinked several times before shaking her head. "He gave me an off day today. You suddenly had an extra surprise class today and ran away before I could tell you in the morning." She bobbed her head, understanding. "You didn't answer me. Why are you so early?"

She smiled and scratched the strap of her bag with her nail, forgetting that nothing gets past Jin's eyes. "I had an extra class today in the morning so I came back early." 

Lie.

Jin smiled, by now he knew her enough to read her eyes. Her eyes clearly are telling him that she's telling him a white lie. He nodded, both of them looking at each other, holding in unexpressed emotions in each of them. 

"I see." He mumbled, turning his head back to resume writing in his notebook. She bit her lips, took her bag off her shoulders, and then walked towards her bed, plopping her figure on it. 

She closed her eyes, a tear slipping off the corner of them and rolling down her face. She swallowed the dry lump in her throat and controlled her sobs, slowly falling off into a slumber.

-

Jin finished writing his report on his stay on Earth in the notebook and closed it. He stood up until his eyes fell on the calendar. It has been 8 months since his stay on Earth. 4 more months and he is supposed to leave this planet.

That was what he had planned initially when he landed on this planet. He slowly looked at Y/n sleeping on the bed. He sighed, walking over to her. He bent down at the edge of her bed and took her socks, glasses, and wristwatch off. 

He kept them in proper places and returned back to her. His eyes fell on the phone kept on the bed beside her head. He picked it up in his hands and slowly walked out of the bedroom. Using his scanner, he got into the storage of the phone just with a glance at the device.

He put the phone down, closing his eyes, searching for a particular contact until he found it and proceeded to make a call on it.

"Hello, Ms. Lee?" He said, opening his eyes and looking at the empty wooden dining table, clutching the phone in his hand that was resting on his side. "Jin? Yes, this is me." He heard the woman reply on the other side.

To people watching this scene, it might look a bit weird to see a person randomly talking to air. But Jin was a kind of machine himself, so when Y/n insisted on buying him a cell phone, he refused. He felt like he would be a machine possessing another machine. It felt weird. But he had to make a call right now to Ms. Lee. It is like Jin was using a Bluetooth earbud without actually using an earbud to make a call.

"Can Y/n and I skip work today? Today is a holiday itself so the Academy will be closed. There won't be many custo-"

"Sure, go ahead. You kids work really hard. I don't mind. Stay indoors and rest," the woman spoke softly and Jin smiled, thanking her before hanging up on the call. He turned around and entered the bedroom, walking over to her and keeping her phone on the nightstand beside her bed. 

He took his slippers off before, taking his hoodie off, leaving him only in his t-shirt and the track pants before he tucked himself inside the blanket. As if it were a reflex, she scoots closer to him in her sleep, snuggling up in his arms and digging her head in his chest, seeking warmth. A soft smile grazed Jin's features when he pulled her close, resting his leg to tangle with hers. She whimpered in her sleep while he played with her sprawled hair on her pillow and tried to sort out his feelings. 

You became my universe, Y/n. But I am too scared to tell this to you. 

When I left Solaris, all my dreams were found in the dark. Like an asteroid that flows without a destination, I was just drifting away too. But when I met you, a new story began. 

Our story. 

When I'm with you, there is no one else. I get heaven to myself and I feel this way I've never felt. 

He blinked several times, caressing her hair, hugging her close to himself as he kept thinking about his emotions towards her. Her soft breaths hitting the sensitive skin of his neck brought him out of his trance as he moved his eyes down to peek at her, sleeping peacefully. 

If Jin wants, he can actually find out everything about her, just by getting inside her phone and where it has been for the whole day. 

Today was a holiday. No university classes. Yes, she lied to him, thinking that he probably would ignore this too like he does everything. 

But she doesn't know that Jin never ignores anything, he observes and makes note of everything, keeping things to himself. He knows that Y/n hates when people meddle with her life. So he respects her decision and does his best to give her the privacy as much as he can.

Stalker? No.

Creepy? Not at all.

Jin never used his abilities to invade her privacy and judged her thoughts by watching the way she behaved. He felt a soft pair of lips landing on his neck, parting and then closing as if nipping something in her dream but then it stopped. He exhaled deeply, bent down to place his lips on the crown of her head, and closed his eyes, ready to sleep with her in his arms, like every other night. But he had yet to answer himself,

"Have I fallen in too deep for you, butterfly?"

**************************

The chapter is so long and boring

The chapter is so long and boring. Ughh