Chapter 7

Jin walked behind Y/n with big curious blue eyes as he admired the busy street and everything around it. This planet was underdeveloped as compared to Solaris but it really interested him how people here have so many different emotions to show like how he watched right now.

A man was fighting with another man in rage in front of his car: Anger. A girl giggling with another one and touching her necklace with shiny eyes: Greed. A kid crying to his mother while pointing at a toy inside a store: Stubborn. An old lady smiling warmly at the young boy who bought flowers from her: Compassion. 

"Jin!" He looked in the front and into those brown eyes and a small smile on her lips as she motioned her hand, calling him to her. Warmth. He smiled and rushed to her with his hands inside his hoodie as they scurried through the people until they stood in front of a convenience store.

Jin scrunched his face and looked at the store in front of him. "This is where you work?" He asked and she turned to look at him, raising her eyebrows. "Why do you look so disgusted?" He looked at her. "I thought it would be a good job." 

She made a gloomy face and shook her head. "Work at a bar, they call you bad. Work at a convenience store, they still call you bad. What is good?" She mumbled to herself and held the door knob, pushing it open to get inside. 

"No, I didn't mean it like that. On our planet, we have robots assigned at bar stations and stores so humans don't work here." He reasoned and she ignored him and walked towards the counter.

"Why are you late, kid? I was waiting for so long!" A middle-aged lady stood up from behind the counter and glared at Y/n who bowed at her. "I am sorry, Ms. Lee. I had a guest making a surprise appearance at my home suddenly." She apologized and gritted her teeth while glaring at Jin who shrugged his shoulders in disbelief.

Ms. Lee followed her gaze and her frown disappeared seeing the handsome man at her store. "Oh my! Who is this handsome young lad?" She asked, approaching him with a delightful expression and he fused his brows in confusion when the lady approached him hurriedly. 

"He is my guest. My brother, Kim Seokjin." Y/n said, squinting her eyes and chuckling awkwardly. Jin looked at Y/n but then at Ms. Lee before smiling at her. "Hello, Ms. Lee. I am Kim Seokjin. Y/n's handsome older brother." He said and Ms. Lee giggled at him.

"You are so handsome. I didn't know that Y/n had a brother." She said and looked back at her. "Yeah, I never knew as well," Y/n replied while wearing the uniform coat for the store and a tight-lipped smile on her face. 

"But you both don't even look like each other," she pointed out but Jin raised his finger in the air. "That is because one of us might be adopted!" He announced loudly and Y/n sighed, moving towards the counter.

"Which one of you are adopted?" 

Jin pointed at Y/n while she pointed at him. Ms. Lee eyed them suspiciously but Jin laughed nervously. "Well, I think both of us are adopted but it's fine as long as we are happy." He replied and earned a glare from Y/n.

The door opened and two schoolgirls entered the store. They looked at Jin and their eyes shined in excitement. They slowly walked up to the nearest rack while Jin was having a conversation with Ms. Lee.

"We are actually friends but she doesn't want to accept that because she thinks that society on this planet will backlash at her," Jin whispered in her ears and Ms. Lee nodded, eyes focused on Y/n who was checking the bills on the counter with the machine.

"She's right though. She's been through a lot. She just wants to stay out of trouble. I don't blame her." She whispered back to Jin who frowned at her. "What kind of troubles?"

"Her father died when she was young. Her mother left her to live her life all alone. She's sick most of the time. She studies and earns by herself." She said lowly and Jin's eyes softened as he watched Y/n silently working on the counter as the two girls went to her to cash out.

"She is a broken child living in a grown body mimicking adult life." Jin looked at Ms. Lee who smiled sadly but her smile faded when the two school girls approached them. "Umm. . . Can we take a picture with you?" Jin turned to look at them and frowned his brows.

He looked behind them at Y/n who was staring at him. He quirked his brows to ask her but she shrugged her shoulders before paying attention back to the machine screen. "We even bought something from your store. Just one picture." One of the girls said looking at Jin.

Ms. Lee's eyes gleamed in excitement as she pushed Jin. "Yes, of course. You can just buy something from the store and always come to meet this handsome man here."

"What?" Jin asked in disbelief and Ms. Lee signalled him to comply. After clicking the selfies, the girls went away while giggling but Ms. Lee pulled Jin to the corner.

"I offer you a job here. Will you do?" She asked and Jin was stunned. "Job? Here? Why? No! I'm an astronaut!" He exclaimed but a tough smack landed on his back and he groaned looking at Ms. Lee in anger. "Yes, an astronaut is talking to me in a convenience store. Stop saying nonsense. Look at that." She pointed to the counter where three young boys came to the counter, blushing and shyly looking at Y/n while she scanned the barcode on their items.

"She attracts the boys from the nearby schools and private tuition academies from around. You can attract the girls. My sales will increase. I'll pay you money." She said and looked at Jin who was giving her a look of displeasure.

"What would I do with money?" He asked and she looked at him weirdly. "Of course, you can buy whatever you like with that." Jin's excitement increased and he smiled at her. "Even the Saturn deserts?" He asked and she frowned but nodded. "Money can buy you anything even a planet so you should join this job."

"Do I have to stand beside her all day?" He asked, looking at Y/n's counter that was filling up with boys slowly. "No. You'll help carry heavy boxes. And help her sort out the expired meals." She explained and Jin looked at her.

"When do I start this job?" He asked but three more girls walked to them. "Hello, can we take a selfie with you?" One of them asked and Ms. Lee pushed Jin to them and replied,

"From now. You're hired!"

***********************

Pretty face benefits :)