Chapter 9

Y/n pressed her palms flat on Jin's shoulders, breathing sharply, and pushed him back while he innocently stared at her in curiosity. Jungkook scoffed and looked at Jin in annoyance. "Who is this weirdo?" Jin raised his brow at his statement and placed his hands on his hips.

"I am definitely not a weirdo. I am a genius Astronaut of Solaris." Jungkook frowned and looked at Y/n who was leaning on the counter with a straight face. "What does that mean?" He asked and Y/n smiled at him forcibly.

"He is a mentally retarded person who hallucinates sometimes to fly in space. Ignore him." She mumbled with a smile and Jin glared at her. "You still don't believe me?" 

"I believe you." She said and looked at Jungkook, winking at him who gave her a thumbs up and smiled at Jin too. "We believe you. You are an astronaut." Jungkook said, moving forward, pulling Y/n away from him and petting his shoulder.

Jin looked at them in disbelief and shook his head while Jungkook bent down to Y/n's ears. "Feed delusions." He whispered to her and she nodded, leaning her lips up to his ear and whispering back, "Delulu is the solulu." Both of them chuckled and did a high five.

"What is it? Include me as well." Jin complained, approaching them and then pulling Y/n towards her and hugging her again. She gasped when her body collided against his but Jungkook cleared his throat and held her waist, pulling her back from him. "Dude, I think this is enough. Who are you even?"

"I am her friend-"

"Brother. Older brother." Y/n cut him off and Jin gave her a sour look for interrupting him. Jungkook's eyes widened and he bowed at him. "Nice to meet you, bro. I am Jeon Jungkook. Y/n's friend." Jin frowned and turned to her. "He can call himself your friend but not me?" He whispered and Y/n rolled her eyes. "He doesn't live with me unlike you." She whispered.

"I have to be your brother to stay with you?" He questioned lowly and she clenched her jaws before walking back to the counter. "Hey! Listen-"

"What is your age?" Jungkook questioned and Jin looked at him. "29. Technically, it is more than that but yeah. My cells are stuck in that age." Jungkook squinted his eyes at his reply and laughed awkwardly, nodding his head slowly. "I see. I am 26. So you are older than me too. What was your name again?" He asked.

"Kim Seokijin." He said, flipping his invisible hair but Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Y/n is Rue. Why are you a Kim?" He asked. 

"Cousins exist, Jeon!" 

Jin and Jungkook both looked at Y/n who was now taking items from the shelves and checking the dates before keeping the expired ones in the shopping cart. "Yeah. Figured it out. Anyway, I gotta get going, Y/n. The head of the department is fucking mad at me." Jungkook commented and rolled his eyes while looking at his wristwatch.

"Bye, Jungkook," Y/n said, without facing him, busy with her work. Jungkook sighed and looked at Jin. "She never pays attention to people around her." He said and Jin smiled at him.

"She does. You just have to be patient enough to notice it." Jin said and Jungkook shrugged his shoulders before grabbing the coffee can and walking out of the store. Y/n walked to Jin and stopped right beside him with the cart in her hand.

"Follow me, job stealer." She said with a smile and Jin pouted but followed her until they reached to the tables, taking a seat there. "Here, eat this. I will look after the counter till you eat and then you look after the counter and I eat." She said and was about to leave but Jin held her arm, stopping her from walking away.

"There isn't anyone in the store right now so why don't we eat together?" He asked and she shook her head. "No. You-"

"Please," Jin whined, pulling on the sleeve of her hoodie. "Stop making that face, Jin!" She said, taking the meal out from the table and walking to the microwave to heat it. "Why?" 

"Because people will fall in love with you!" 

Jin was caught off-guard by her answer but still asked. "Have you?" She shook her head, without looking at him. "I can't. But others might think that you have feelings for them and they will start loving you." 

"Why isn't it working for you then?" Jin asked and looked at her with his shiny eyes innocently but she wasn't even glancing at him. "I am different." Jin gasped, covering his mouth. "You are not a human? But my scanner told me otherwise," he said, his eyes glowing blue again while he scanned Y/n.

"Shut up and stop using that blue light on your eyes!" Y/n barked, keeping the meal boxes on the table and passing him the chopsticks with a scowl on her face. "Ah. Why are you always angry, my butterfly?" He whined but she smacked her hand on his back, causing him to groan while rubbing the spot. She scoffed.

"You don't get hurt while fighting with men but my slap hurts you so much?" She asked and went to sit opposite to him. He pulled out the chair beside him for her but she paid no attention to that. He pouted but sighed, looking at her opening the seals of the meal boxes.

"Make sure to eat a lot. There is just bread at home. And I will take some almost expired cornflakes for breakfast tomorrow." She said, blowing on the rice before stuffing it inside her mouth. "Expired? You will eat expired food?" He asked and she munched on the food while eating the sausage with rice. 

"This is also expired. I eat expired food every day. I am fine." She said and he looked at her stunned. "But this is not healthy." He complained, looking down at his meal box.

"Expired by a few hours, idiot! Eat it. It won't kill you!" She scowled but Jin clenched his jaws. "Hey! You keep disrespecting me and talking to me rudely. I am just trying to be nice to you, Y/n." He said and she looked up at him coldly.

"I didn't ask you to be nice to me." She said coldly before eating. Jin sighed, pulling his hair back in frustration before holding the chopstick and beginning to eat silently. The door opened and Y/n looked up at the customer entering with food in her mouth. "Keep eating, okay?" She stated, dividing the sausage and giving him the bigger piece.

She stood up and walked towards the counter while Jin's eyes were focused on the bigger piece of sausage in his food. He looked up to see if the counter was visible to her but it wasn't. He sighed and shook his head, using his chopstick to hold the bigger piece of sausage keeping it back to her meal box, and taking the smaller piece himself, bitting on it.

"And she says not to be nice to her when she gives me the bigger piece of sausage." 

***************************

This is a bit of a different story but I guess it'll work