Chapter 22

Jin was looking at Y/n angrily as she smiled nervously at him. He pointed his finger at his head, specifically the two sprouts on it. "What are these?" He asked, glaring at her.

"Ponytails!" 

She beamed at him, causing her eyes to disappear as she smiled gleefully at the hairstyle she made with Jin's hair. "Why?" He questioned, pouting and using his fingers to hold the right ponytail that was looking like a fountain with pink ribbons.

"Because you look so cute with them!" She said, eyes shining as she puckered her lips, staring at him innocently. He sighed and chuckled at her behavior, shaking his head.

"You are a baby," he mumbled and she stopped smiling, crossing her arms and acting all mighty in front of him. "No, I am 20. A big girl!"

"A big baby!" He commented before trying to take the ribbon off but Y/n rushed to him, stopping him from taking the ribbons off. He looked at her, raising his eyebrows but she shook her head. "Why?"

"You look cute, Jin."

"Why are you suddenly acting cute, butterfly?" He asked, eyeing her suspiciously. She gave him a look of disappointment and scoffed, looking away from him. "Asshole!" She whispered and Jin failed to hear it clearly.

"What?" She smiled at him, shaking her head. "Nothing." He nodded and prepared to walk to the closet, to get a hoodie, followed by Y/n. "Wait! Today is your last day of the monthly cycle, right?" He asked and earned a disgusted look from Y/n.

"How do you know about that?"

"I know everything about you. Oh, okay. Now I understand why you are behaving like that. Today is the last day," he said, taking a black hoodie and wearing it over his t-shirt. "I don't get my mood swings on the last day!" She said, fuming in anger and Jin gave her a tight-lipped smile.

"Yes, you don't. I can see that." She scoffed, rolling her eyes and he giggled at the way her mood just switched instantly. He turned around and wrapped his arms around her figure, lifting her from the ground, and causing her glasses to fall from the bridge of her nose and land on the floor. 

She screeched but folded her knees up, holding his shoulders tightly to not fall down. He chuckled but Y/n turned to glare at him. He brushed his nose with her who roared at him defensively, pretending to bite him like a lion. "Such a cute butterfly I got here!" He said and blew air through his lips, causing her to close her eyes and she giggled.

"Jin! Stop it!" She mumbled, trying to push him back but he made sure to hold her close. Their relationship was as sweet as honey but it wasn't labelled. None of them bothered to ask each other either, they just enjoyed the other's company. 

"Yeah, I must stop. We have to go for our shift." He said, putting her down on the ground and looking into her eyes fondly as if trying to tell her something with his eyes. But she looked oblivious as she just smiled at him. He wanted her to ask him about their relationship so that he could at least give his explanation of how much he cherished her.

How much he loves her.

But she just stays silent about it.

Jin sighed. Once again, bottling up his emotions and closing the lid. "Let's go." He said, trying to hide his disappointment and hoping that someday she would notice the hints he gave her about his feelings for her.

"Jin."

He instantly shot his head towards her, eyes filled with expectation. Is it the moment he has been waiting for? Is she going to ask her why he behaves so strangely around her? Is she going to ask him if he loves-

"We don't have to go to our shift today."

"Yes, I do!" He said, smiling at her but his smile dropped when he processed her words, a frown settling on his features as he stared at her confused face. "What?" He asked her to repeat herself to make sure what he heard was correct or not since he was expecting something else.

She scratched her head, picking her glasses up from the ground and nodding at him with a pair of the most innocent eyes. "Yes, we don't have to go to work today. This month to be more precise."

He fused his brows in question and tilted his head at her. "Really? But why? What happened-"

"Ms. Lee is going to renovate her store so it'll take a month. The store will be closed. We don't have to go to work-"

"Are we still getting paid since we are not taking a leave ourselves-"

"No, Jin. She offered the money but I refused-"

"Why? I thought I was about to get myself those PSP things that you guys use to play video games! NOOO!!!" He whined and she gave him a look of irritation. "We aren't working. She has to pay so much already for the repairs and then pay us? No, Jin." She reasoned but he stomped his feet.

"But I wanted that money! Ugh!" He complained and turned around to walk towards the study table before taking a seat on the chair in front of it and pulling out his notebook from the stack of books.

He took a pen from the pen stand and started scribbling down his weekly report on what new things he observed on this planet. Y/n watched his feet jutting under the seat and she sighed.

She smiled and walked to him, standing right beside him and then looking at his notebook. "Your weekly report?" She asked but Jin was silent, ignoring her words, and kept writing on the notebook with a blank face.

"Wow, you saw a rabbit in the park?" She asked and he turned to lookup at her. He pressed his lips and nodded. "It was cute. Reminded me of Jungkook. Now I know why you call him a bunny." He said and she laughed at his words, causing an instant smile to form on his face too, watching her giggle.

"He looks like a bunny, right? Even you agree!" She said and he nodded. The laughter died down but the eye contact was still there. They looked at each other deeply, very intimately. There wasn't an ounce of lust. But complete love.

One refused to accept it.

The other refused to confess it.

Y/n lips curved upwards as she stared at Jin. "Jin, you have to write reports, right?" She asked and he smiled too, nodding at her but her next words took him by surprise,

"Let's go for a trip. You'll learn more things about this planet then."

***************************

I want to travel as well 😀❤️‍🩹