Chapter 29

Jin's smile fell. He looked away from the scenery and shot his head in Y/n's direction, brows furrowing in confusion. She let her hands fall to her sides as she exhaled heavily as if holding her breath.

Her eyes deviod of any emtions. 

"What was that?" He asked but Y/n looked up at him, motioning him to proceed. He could feel his eyes tear up over what he heard. He shook his head, unable to meet her eyes at the moment. "Y/n. Answer-"

"Your turn, Jin." She said with a stoic expression. Jin looked up at her with angry tears rolling down his face. He looked at her and then turned to the scenery. He clenched his jaws, moving his hands over to his mouth, shutting his eyes, gathering his voice, ready to scream.

And he screamed. Louder than ever.

A confession that shook the entire highland with his loud voice.

"I, Kim Seokjin, am madly in love with Rue Y/n!"

He let his hands fall back as he stumbled backwards but Y/n turned to him in rage. She approached him, pushing his chest back. "Hey, what are you saying?" She questioned, her own eyes were now red with tears but her fury was evident.

He scoffed at her. "That is what I am asking too. What are you saying?" He questioned her back. She glowered at him, punching his chest hard. "What nonsense is this?" 

He rubbed his nose and scowled at her. "Exactly! What nonsense is this?" He asked her again. Her wrath reached its peak as she grabbed him by the collar and pulled him face down, looking at him in anger. But he was equally glaring back at her.

Both of them crying too.

"Are you joking right now, Jin?" 

"Are you, Y/n?" He asked, voice thick as gravel and alarmingly scary. "This is not funny." She warned him but he grabbed her wrists and pulled her close, body colliding against his as he stared down at her.

"This is not at all funny, Y/n. I really love you. So tell me clearly-" A harsh slap landed across his face as he turned his face aside. A bitter smile on his lips as continuous tears streamed down his face. He sobbed, looking down, and then looked up at her.

The tip of her nose was red, her face was soaked with her own tears, her eyes were red, and shock was written on her whole face. "Why would you?"

He shut his eyes and collapsed to his knees. "You are not joking?" He asked, voice cracking as he spoke but got no answer from her. He looked up at her with blurred vision.

"Please, tell me this is a funny joke or something that you guys here on Earth play. Please, Y/n." He pleaded, approaching her on his knees and holding her hands, shaking them vigorously. "Why would you fall for me?" She asked in a low voice, sniffing and Jin looked up at her.

He stood up and held her by her shoulders, jerking her body harshly. "How can I fall for you? That is your primary concern right now? Really? Why the fuck didn't you tell me?" He snickered at her while she cried, hanging her head low in front of him.

He cried, choking on his own tears as his grip on her shoulders loosened, falling down to her wrists. "But you love Saeha." He heard her but he shook his head. "I don't. She abandoned me. Why would you think I love her? I love you. A lot. For a long time!" He mumbled.

She tried to pull her hands back from his grip but it was too tight. "But why?"

"Because you are you, Y/n. You are my butterfly. That is what I felt when I first saw you. Butterflies. In my stomach. Like the rainbow sprinkles on the chocolate donut. You are sunshine and rainbow in my dark universe. You are my galaxy!" He said, looking up at her with eyes filled with desperation and sadness.

She shook her head. "I am sorry. So sorry." She apologised which caused more pain to his chest. "Don't keep apologizing for your sickness. Please." He said and she tried, pulling her hands back from his grip.

"You planned all this, didn't you? You knew it but still didn't tell me." He said but she freed her hands from his grip and ran backward, down the slope. He watched her run away with his eyes brimming with tears.

He buried his face in his hands and cried hard. "Jin? Are you there?" He heard Dr. Dustin's voice in his ears. "No, I am dead." He sobbed.

"What? You cannot die. What is wrong? Repair yourself or come by the laboratory." He said and Jin stopped crying, realizing something. He pressed his finger over his ear and wiped his tear with the back of his hand.

"Dr. Dustin, if I bring someone over to you. Can you please treat her?" He asked, standing up and heard him humming on the other side in agreement. "Sure. What is her issue though? I need to know-"

"CAD. A heart disease. Her condition is at the brink but I'll bring her to you as soon as possible so please-"

"Jin," he stopped when Dr. Dustin called out his name. "I cannot do anything with heart, Jin. You could stay alive because your heart was living and working. I fixed your brain, blood streams, nerves but I wouldn't be able to if your heart didn't work." Jin silently listened to his words, his last hope crashing down like building blocks.

"Technology can create Artificial Intelligence to replace brains, nanobots to replace blood cells. But heart? We still aren't able to make something close to that. It is a unique organ. Pacemakers can uplift the working of heart arteries. But CAD at the final stage? I am sorry." He said and Jin pressed his finger on his ear, disconnecting the call and screaming into the mountain in frustration.

"So you really are an evil spirit, huh? All I wished for was to make sure that Y/n and I could be together. And this is what you do?" He yelled into the nature, crying miserably. "Why? Is it because I am not a human on this planet?" He shouted, fisting his hands and looking down.

He collapsed to the rocks, whimpering and folding his knees, hugging them and digging his face into them. "Angel Falls? You cannot even grant a single wish of mine. Why can't I be with her?" He cried in his own embrace.

"Why is fate always so cruel to me?"

*****************************

Now you know the reason behind her butterfly nickname