Chapter 16

Y/n smiled giving the bag of groceries to the lady and looked at the door of the convenience store. Jin was not there. She didn't see him during University hours as well.

She was worried but still, she knew that Jin would come back.

Won't he?

"Wring these up." A voice startled Y/n and she turned to the old man who harshly passed the items to her. She blinked several times but collected them, using the scanner to scan the code.

The man rolled his eyes but Y/n quietly checked the items out and looked at the screen. "The total is 43,000 won. Anything, else, sir?" She asked, tone soft but the man arrogantly threw the credit card at her.

She flinched when the card hit her face and dropped to the counter. But she politely smiled and took the card from the counter and swiped it on the machine.

A loud groan echoed through the store and Y/n looked up and saw Jin twisting the old man's wrist behind him, causing him pain.

She glared at Jin. "Leave him, idiot!" She glowered and Jin laughed bitterly. "Where does your anger go when these bastards bother you, huh?" Jin questioned, pulling the card out of her hand roughly and pushing the man towards the exit.

"Get out of here! And you're banned from this store! Never come back!" Jin screamed throwing the credit card on the old man's face. He picked up the card and rolled his eyes before standing up from the ground and walking away.

Jin shut his eyes and turned back to walk over to Y/n who passed him a look of disapproval. "What did you do, Jin? He was a customer!"

"Don't be a people pleaser, Y/n. They don't repay your kindness." Jin commented and Y/n sighed. She turned back and grabbed the bag of items before walking back to keep them in place.

Jin walked over to the door and held the bag from there. Walking back to the counter where Y/n returned with the empty paper bag, her eyes fell on the big bag carried by Jin.

"What is this?"

"Give me your hand," Jin said and she frowned, hiding her hands behind her back. "For what?" Jin rolled his eyes and took out a watch from his pocket. "Please, butterfly."

She slowly extended her hands and Jin smiled, softly holding her left wrist and wrapping the strap of the watch around it, clicking on the button and the LED display signaling a heart symbol and numbers.

Y/n frowned at the display and Jin noticed her curious gaze as he decided to explain it to her. "This watch monitors your heart rate." She looked up at him and he giggled at her innocent eyes filled with curiosity.

"This wristband watch uses a technology called photoplethysmography or PPG to measure heart rate. PPG works by shining a harmless light onto the skin measuring the amount of light that is absorbed and reflected by the blood vessels under the skin translating the light that's refracted back into heart rate data which is displayed-" Jin stopped, looking at her who was silently watching him fondly and smiling at her. "You don't understand a thing, do you?" He asked but she chuckled, pulling her hand back gently.

"This is really thoughtful, Jin. It means a lot but why did you buy it?" She asked, analyzing the watch. Jin shook his head, stepping forward to embrace Y/n in his strong arms into a warm hug.

"I didn't buy it. I made it. I've been working on the display in the physics lab when I'm free and yesterday with the money that Ms. Lee gave, I purchased the watch straps and completed it." Jin said, smiling when he felt Y/n wrapping her hands around his waist.

"Did you like it?"

"Thank you, Jin." She mumbled lowly but her voice was low. His brows joined at her tone as tried to pull back from the hug but she tightened her arms around him so he stopped, hugging her, placing his chin on her head. "Are you crying, butterfly?"

"I don't cry." She said, voice cracking so Jin stroked her back with his hands in a soothing manner. He felt her slowly backing away so he released her. Stepping back, he noticed her red nose and pink eyes as if she was holding in her tears but he didn't press on it further. But he was reminded of something immediately. He took the bag from the ground, taking something out of it.

"Here, I got you a thin blanket so that you can use it when you're here." He mumbled, showing her the black and white striped fleece blanket. She smiled at him in amusement. "Why did you spend your salary on buying something for me?" She asked.

Jin grinned at her. "Because Ms. Lee told me to spend the money wisely. And nothing could be wiser than buying something to make you feel comfortable." He said, throwing the bag on the floor, unfolding the blanket, and wrapping it around Y/n.

"My cutie burrito butterfly." He said, pinching her nose after fixing the blanket around her. She giggled and shook her head. "You treat me like a baby."

"You are my baby."

She chuckled and looked into his eyes with a smile. "You'll be a great dad." She commented and the genuine smile on Jin's face was replaced with a sad one. He looked down to the ground and took a deep breath, slumping his shoulders.

"I cannot be actually."

"What?" Jin looked up at her and smiled.

"A dad." Y/n's brows furrowed in confusion as she stared at him. "What do you mean?"

Jin sighed. "I have a microprocessor in my brain. Nanobots in my blood system. My DNA and genes are composed of mechanical particles. I'm almost a robot, Y/n. I'm not fertile like other men." Jin explained. Y/n looked at his disappointed eyes for a while before commenting something to lighten the mood,

"You don't have a dick?"

******************

Just to clarify, he has a dinga ling in this story

Just to clarify, he has a dinga ling in this story. And it's long enough to need a king-sized condom (Jin's only scandal) 😭