Chapter 37

Jin stood there with chapped lips, eyes devoid of every emotion as people paid their respects to Y/n. He was the chief mourner at her funeral.

After she passed away in his arms, he held her for a few minutes. Still deeply in shock, trying to shake her until the people from the other camp arrived and helped him to take her to the hospital. They declared her dead.

Jin performed the cremation like she wanted and when he returned back to the camp with her ashes he was apparently called from the Korean embassy to issue her death certificate.

Jin chuckled in a mocking tone while they were creating a fuss over countries when a girl literally lost her life. But when he went to collect their things from the camp, he found a ticket.

A single return ticket to Seoul.

For him.

She planned this trip long ago, didn't she? Knowing her date and everything.

He returned and informed Ms. Lee was devastated at the news and insisted on helping him with the funeral. But what stunned him more was when he found out that Ms. Lee didn't have any renovations at her store. Y/n resigned from her job and told her that Jin wants the same.

Jin passed her three contact details available in her phone and tried to contact the very few people she knew about since she never associated with a lot of people in her life. But this woman irritated Jin slightly.

He looked at the woman wearing black heels, a black short dress and black hat, holding a dark luxury bag in her wrist as she cried, or pretended to cry in front of the picture of Y/n.

"Isn't that her mother?" Ms. Lee asked while Jin was reading the information that flashed in front of his eyes. "I guess so." He mumbled but read the country she was from as his eyes widened.

"Australia."

He whispered with big eyes and heard Ms. Lee hum. "Yes, her mother left her with her dad to get remarried with someone wealthier at Australia. She didn't want to look after her sick daughter and waste her life." She said and Jin felt his eyes brimming up again.

The woman walked up to him and passed him an envelope. He didn't even spare a glance or receive it from her. "Take it. You spent enough time with my daughter, this is the compensation-"

"Get out of here," he muttered and she frowned, raising an eyebrow at him. "I'm sorry, what-"

"Get the fuck out of here! I'm sorry for inviting you. I never knew that my Y/n never wanted to see your face!" He barked and the woman scoffed. Ms. Lee looked at him in disbelief but didn't stop him. The woman looked around at the people eyeing her and she glared at Jin.

"Excuse me but I'm her biological mother-" she squealed moving forward to attack Jin when Ms. Lee pushed her back towards the exit.

"Ma'am, I'm sorry but I agree. She never wanted you around her. I'm sorry but we just informed you about her demise. We never expected that you will pay a visit." She said politely and she scoffed, stuffing the envelope back in her handbag.

"Useless drama for a pathetic and terminally ill girl!" Jin heard her whisper because of his senstive ears which everyone failed to hear. "A failed human who should die instead of my angel!" He whispered, gritting his teeth but felt a manly pat on his shoulder.

He looked up to look at Jungkook who looked at him with a blank stare as he spoke, "I don't want to speak to you but-" he took a deep breath and continued, taking a letter from his pocket and handing it to him, "She wanted me to give this to you when her funeral would be held."

Jin frowned but looked up at him. "When did she give you this letter?" He asked and Jungkook sighed. "She knew this six months ago. Doctor told her. She just wanted me to give this to you. Just fucking take it." JungKook said with a hard voice and brought his hand to show him a paper bag too. Jin glared at him and grabbed him by the collar, pulling his body against him as he snarled at him.

"You knew that she was going to die so why didn't you tell me?" JungKook pried his hands from his shirt and held the letter out to him with an expressionless face. "Take it." He said with a calm tone. Jin swallowed the lump in his throat as he took the letter and the paper bag from him and held it.

"Jin," he looked up at Jungkook who was now giving him a sad smile. "You really deserve it." He said and Jin furrowed his brows in confusion. "What?" Jungkook smiled as salty tears were forming in his eyes too as he replied back,

"Y/n's love. You deserve it."

********************

He deserves it.