Chapter 14

Eventually, the doctors were able to get Y/n stabilized. Jin was relieved that she was stable, and even more relieved when she started waking up.

"Butterfly," he whispered, his voice shaking. "Are you okay?" He looked at her, wiping his tears and waiting for a response.

"Jin."

"Oh, thank god!" Jin let out a breath, tears still rolling down his cheeks. He ran over and hugged her tightly, never wanting to let her go again.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He said as he rubbed her back, clearly shaken. "What happened?" She croaked out weakly.

"You passed out, Y/n. You scared me half to death! I thought you were dying." Jin said as he shook his head. "I'm just glad you're okay."

She smiled and held his arms around her figure. "I'm dying though. You're squeezing me, Jin." She mumbled. Jin laughed and loosened his grip on her. He continued to rub her back.

"I just didn't want to lose you, butterfly." He was still wiping his tears as he said this.

"I want to sleep."

"You can rest now, no worries. I'm going to sit with you the whole time, though. The doctors need to keep checking on you so just try to sleep." Jin said.

"The doctor should tell me before saying something to you, okay?" She mumbled. Jin thought about it for a moment and nodded at her.

"You're right, they should. But I don't mind hearing how you're doing." Jin looked at her. "But yeah, they should let you know your condition first and foremost." He said as he played with her hair gently.

"I don't want you to know anything about me without me knowing it first, Jin. You don't have the right." She said and Jin felt a pang in his heart when he heard this.

"Fine. I won't. Now, go to sleep, okay? The doctors will be back soon." Jin said this seriously, hoping she would listen to him. He wanted nothing more than to keep her safe and healthy. After all, she was the only one who took him in when everybody was being rude to him.

"Get out."

"I'm not going to leave you, Y/n. I won't leave your side and you need to understand that." Jin looked at her. "Now, please just sleep."

She rolled her eyes and looked at him. "You sleep."

"I can't. I'm too worried about you. Just get some sleep, please." Jin played with her hair some more before he saw her starting to drift off to sleep.

"Okay.. okay. There we go. Just rest, Earth lander." Jin sat there with her and continued to play with her hair. He smiled at her.

"You look so beautiful when you sleep, you know that?" He mumbled softly.

"I want nothing but good for you," Jin said softly. He looked down at her face. "You're the kindest soul around me and I just want you to stay safe." Jin smiled at her. He pulled himself closer to her.

"I won't leave your side, okay? I'll stay right here until you wake up. I want to make sure you're feeling well again." He said as he rubbed her back. Jin sighed.

"I know this might be annoying, but I promise I'm doing this because I want to make sure you're okay." He said, and anyone could tell he really wasn't going to leave her side anytime soon. The door to the room creaked open and Jin turned around, seeing Jungkook standing there looking at him with a blank expression.

He looked at Y/n's sleeping figure but then at Jin. He jutted his chin sideways, asking Jin to come to him. But Jin contemplated to leave her alone. JungKook rolled his eyes in irritation and pointed his thumb toward the door, asking him to come out.

Jin took a deep breath and stood up from the chair, walking to JungKook who let him out of the room and shut the door behind them. "Who are you exactly?"

Jin stiffened at Jungkook's query and chuckled nervously, scratching his neck. "What do you mean?"

"You don't look like her brother at all. You claimed her as your girlfriend earlier. What are both of you hiding from me?" JungKook asked and Jin was stunned by his accusation.

"What? You're lying! I didn't say anything like that," Jin argued but his brain played his subconscious memory when he was panicking and claimed her as his girlfriend. His eyes blinked several times as he stared at the floor.

"I did?" Jin mumbled.

But then shook his head and looked up at Jungkook. "It was a mistake. I was just scared." JungKook squinted his eyes at his explanation.

"Were you scared?"

Jin was quiet for a moment but then he answered his question. "I was. I'm not going to lie, I was terrified. I thought, I really thought that I lost her. My heart was frozen solid."

"Why were you scared?"

"I don't want to lose her. I'm not ready to let her go. I don't think I ever will be. So I don't want to lose her." Jin said softly.

"Are you really her brother? You're too clingy to be that," JungKook asked. Jin looked at him sternly.

"Y/n is wonderful. Beautiful, funny, kind, sweet. I just love being around her and I'd rather be called clingy than avoid her." Jin said and looked up at Jungkook.

"Why are you so worked up about us?" Jin asked and Jungkook scoffed. "Isn't it obvious? I like her. A lot. I've confessed to her plenty of times too but she doesn't want to be in a relationship. So I was worked up when you said that she's your girlfriend." JungKook said and took a deep breath before looking back at Jin. "Are you her brother? Answer me honestly." Jin shook his head.

"Her friend?" Jin shook his head again but felt a strange feeling in his heart. He placed his palm flat against his chest, the beat of his heart pacing quickly.

"She's so much more than a friend to me. She's my savior on this planet."

******************

Damn! I'm soft for them :(