Chapter 36

Jin ran towards Y/n as he stumbled but tightly held her figure when she collapsed in his arms, crying silently.

"Butterfly." He cried, looking at her bleeding nose and mouth but moved his hands to rub the blood off. "What happened? What happened? Please, oh Universe! What do I do?" He mumbled in panic as he looked around.

"I had three more days." He heard Y/n but glared at her. "Stop saying bullshit. Nothing will happen to you." He screamed. Y/n blinked her eyes when she felt Jin's tears falling over her face. She smiled, settling in his arms calmly, trying to lower the pain she was feeling inside her chest.

A slow smile lighting up her features, few drops of tears rolling down her eyes.

"I wished to live longer, Jin. All I ever wanted was to live long but I was born with a date. A weak heart. It was meant to be. This was my final destination. I knew it. But I'm sorry for dragging you along with me." She whispered, opening her eyes but feeling the metallic taste rising up her mouth once again as she tried to swallow it down.

Her breath hitched, her body shivering as Jin sobbed, hugging her head by digging her face into his neck. "Please, don't say that. We can make it. This is not happening. I'll figure something out. Not so early. It hasn't even been a year since I first met you. I must celebrate our first anniversary after our meeting. Please, don't, butterfly. Please! HELP! ANYONE!" He cried but shouted for help in the end.

Y/n smiled, wrapping her arms around him weakly as she kissed his neck but pushed him slightly. "I want to see your handsome face before I choose my eyes, Jin." He cried, hanging his head low, streams of tears flowing down his eyes as he looked up at her.

A smile forming on his face.

"I love you, butterfly." He said but then turned around towards the other camp, trying to see if the people returned but they didn't.

He turned back and caressed her face. "I couldn't even finish the trip-" she couldn't complete her sentence as she coughed again but Jin pressed his lips, squeezing his eyes but heard her wristwatch beep at a tremendous rate.

He pressed his hand over her chest as he smiled. "Your search engines are useless! It doesn't give a result when I ask what to do when someone is coughing blood but it says ''it's not necessarily a serious problem'' and to call for a doctor." He said and she chuckled.

"Sorry, Google doesn't have a doctor's degree sadly." She whispered but knitted her eyebrows together as a sting of pain erupted her chest. She clutched her chest but Jin placed his palm over hers as if he could actually feel her pain. He cried miserably as he continued to wipe the blood flowing down her nostrils.

"The signals are jammed. I cannot connect to anyone!" Jin whispered and looked around again. "I know. That's why, this was the last location of the trip. So that you cannot call for an ambulance and I don't die at a hospital at least." She said.

Jin passed her a look of disbelief, his eyes now filling up with rage but he controlled his emotions. "I hate snow. I hate death. Perfect combination. But I didn't expect the Northern lights though." She said as she looked behind Jin's face to stare at the sky with half lidded eyes.

"You're so dumb!" Jin remarked while crying and she sniffled, wiping his tear off with her thumb. "Jin, promise me. You won't take my body back to Seoul. Just cremate me and take my ashes back there. Okay?"

He looked at her bewildered. "But- but-"

"You won't fulfill my last wish?" She asked, eyes slowly closing, the grip on her chest loosening. Jin rubbed his face as he gripped her figure up and nodded slowly. "I promise you. I'll bring your ashes back to Korea." He said and she smiled with closed eyes.

Slightly parting them, to glance at Jin one last time, a tear escaping the corner of her eyes, one last time.

"Smile, idiot." She said. And even in pain, he smiled at her as she was the only one he would want to fall in love with in this life, the next life, and all of his existence.

"I love you, my butterfly." He whispered, placing a small kiss over her forehead that lingered for aching a few seconds before he looked at her with the utmost sincerity and care in this entire universe. Her smile broadened as she shut her eyes completely while saying her last words. One last time. The truth. Which he always wanted to hear. But the time and place wasn't so suitable as she finally confessed,

"I love you too, my Jin."

The environment turned completely silent after that, once the beep of the wrist watch stopped.

The heart rate reading 0.

And she left, taking a piece of his heart with her.

******************

This story is based on my imaginary death