Chapter 38

Jin looked at the people who were gathered and eating while some were drinking. He sighed and walked towards the empty hall room where Y/n's picture along with her ashes were kept.

He sat on the ground, keeping the letter and the paper bag that Jungkook gave him in the floor and folded his knees, bringing them up close to his chest as he hugged them, placing his cheek on them as he stared at Y/n's face.

"I will forever love you."

He looked at her smiling face blankly. Sighing deeply, he took the white envelope from the floor and opened the seal. He took the letter out from it.

"What have you been hiding from me, butterfly?"

He took the piece of paper out of it and frowned to see only a few words written on the paper.

"Be happy, Jin. Go back to where you belong, please."

He scoffed and shook his head. "What does she mean by that?" Moving his hand around to bring the paper bag and slowly keeping the paper on the floor beside him.

Folding his legs, his black trousers stretched slightly as he unbuttoned the single button of his black suit to sit properly. He opened the paper bag and looked at the condiment inside it.

Donut. Chocolate syrup. Rainbow sprinkles.

The same dessert that helped him meet Y/n on this planet. He couldn't help but tear up again, choking slightly and covering his eyes to not let anymore tears fall off his eyes.

She planned it all.

How is he supposed to move on when he keeps crying whenever he encounters with something related to her?

He took the donuts and bit onto it, letting some of the rainbow sprinkles falling on the paper bag but he finished the two donuts and turned to smile at her picture.

"I ate, happy?" He asked in the thin air and felt his vision getting blurry again. "What else do you want? I just want to die, butterfly. I don't know what to do anymore-"

"Seokjin."

Jin looked up only to find the physics professor entering the hall and looking at him with sad eyes. He stood up and joined his hands on front of him, lowering his head as he walked forward and paid his condolences to Y/n before approaching Jin.

He held his shoulders but Jin heard a noise of something rustling. "I know things are so difficult for you, son. Y/n was really a bright student and even kinder girl. She was always so obedient. But I don't know what to do with this but I thought that I must give this to you."

He handed a folded piece of paper to him whilst he took it from him and unfolded it with curiosity.

This picture doesn't exist

This picture doesn't exist. Don't try searching on Google. I made this myself.)

His lips parted and his eyes widened as he looked at the paper.