Chapter 4

Y/n looked at Jin with wavering eyes but then at his steps getting closer. He towered over her frame and stared into his eyes. "That's why you were struggling while running. Y/n, why?" He asked, shutting his eyes in frustration and she bit her lips.

"I'm sorry."

He furrowed his eyebrows and opened his eyes to look at her. "What?" He asked and looked at her hanging her head low. "I'm sorry."

His heart ached to hear her apologize. "For what?" He questioned, placing his hands on her shoulder and she looked up at him. Only then he notice the tears on her face, the tip of her nose now red and lips pressed together. "I'm sorry for being ill," she said and he blinked in disbelief.

"Y/n. What are you saying? Huh? Why are you apologizing?" He asked, his voice laced with pain. "I'm sorry." She repeated which made his heart sting again.

Childhood trauma. Some people think of this as a weakness. But not everyone grows happily.

Jin teared up, feeling his chest heavy suddenly. A deep pain emerged around the pit of his stomach. He took a deep breath and smiled at her. He felt the urge and need to be beside her.

Why?

Because of sympathy?

For a strange person on a random planet?

Is it even possible?

He looked at Y/n who was gulping the thick lump down her throat, wiping her tears. He felt his hand rising and resting against her warm cheek. Her eyes widened at his action while he wiped the tears away from her face.

He wanted to protect her. Be with her.

Why?

To repay her kindness from earlier?

He didn't know.

Both of them looked into each other eyes. Jin's microprocessor wasn't working, more like it was turned off temporarily. He could only feel his heart. And his heart only says one thing,

"Y/n, let me take care of you."

She frowned and tried to push him away but he held her arms firmly. "You're an alien." She mumbled but he looked at her blankly. "I'm Jin. I want to help you."

She looked at him frantically with a weird gaze and tried to get out of his grip. "What the heck? Are you a human? Or a robot? Who sent you? Is this like Doraemon? Is someone coming to kill me?" She asked all the questions.

He looked at her strictly and held her wrist, pulling her closer to him. She hissed when her head collided with his chest but she stepped back and glared at him. "I don't know all that but I just know that I have to shield you."

Y/n glared at him but he kept staring deeply into her eyes without saying anything.

"Ouch!" Jin shouted when his butt collided with the hard corridor floor. He looked up at Y/n who clenched her jaws and slammed the door shut on his face. He looked at the closed door, stunned by her actions but then slowly rose on his feet, rubbing his butt.

He knocked on the door, expecting her to open it for him but who was he kidding? That girl is stubborn as hell.

He sighed and turned around. He looked at the sky turning dark and puckered his lips. He gazed back at the closed door before turning his back and resting it against the door.

"Women on Earth are difficult to understand." He mumbled and noticed a middle-aged lady walking down into the floor downstairs. A smile lighting up his features, he straightened himself up, pushing away from the door.

"I think, I know how to spend my time on this strange new planet."

Y/n pressed her hands against her ears, to block them from the loud noise of the doorbell echoing in the room. She groaned and glared at the door, knowing very well who was bothering her by ruthlessly pressing on the doorbell.

Jin.

She rolled her eyes muttering a few incoherent words under her breath, her blood boiling in anger and a part of her wishing to bring him inside as well. But he was strange, bothersome, and uncovered her secrets which she tried to hide from everyone.

But her hands moved away from her ears when the door was being banged hard from the outside with screams. Multiple hands were banging on her door. She frowned but slowly got up from her chair, put on her glasses, and walked to the door.

She heard the irritated voices getting louder as she stood right in front of the door. Twisting the doorknob, she came across three buffed men instead of Jin.

They were scary and looked like local thugs.

"We are having a Taco festival next week. Give us some money." One of them said and she frowned. "What? Why? Who are you?" She asked and the three of them gritted their teeth in frustration.

"You live here alone. We are starting this ceremony this year. So you'll have to donate as well." The tallest of them said in a heavy voice and she panicked. She was scared of them but she didn't have enough money either.

"Umm. . . I don't wish to donate—"

"Just give us some money, girl!" The man yelled and she trembled. A sting was felt in her chest as she looked at them, shaking her head. "I don't have money to give. Please go to the next house." She tried to say but the man punched his hand on the wall beside the door.

"Stop lying and just give us whatever you have. We ain't moving here without taking a penny!" They screamed and she hung her head low. Fisting the end of her hoodie, she tried to hold in her sobs.

She wished someone was here to protect her. Or she was strong enough. To fight back. But she was alone. All alone in this world.

"I'm sorry, I don't have the money—"

"Mister, excuse you. I have to get inside. Thank you." She stopped speaking and looked up to see Jin, walking in between the men to come stand beside her while carrying several books in his hands. He gave her a sour look and looked at the men.

"Who are they? Your bodyguards?" Jin asked. Y/n shut her eyes but the man yelled. "Hey, you must be her boyfriend or something. Pay us some money." Jin flinched and clutched his heart at his loud voice while glaring at him.

"Shut up, idiot. Why would I pay you? Do you owe her?" He questioned in an angry tone. But Y/n held his sleeve. "They are asking for donations." She whispered and Jin rolled his eyes, holding the books in his hands.

"No, donation. Looking at them, they will probably use our donation to buy drugs."

*********************

This is going to replace Afterlife with daily updates but I haven't written even half of this story 😭