Chapter 12

The professor's eyes widened but then he glared at Jin. "Who are you? I've never seen you with them?" He asked, pointing his finger at Jin who straightened himself up and smiled at the professor, catching him off guard.

"I am Kim Seokjin. Nice to meet you, genius." Jin extended his hand for a handshake. The professor looked at his hand and then up his face in confusion.

"Are you a student here?" Jin shook his head, taking his hand back. "Why are you here?" He asked again and Jin answered.

"I'm here in search of my butterfly."

"I think you're in the wrong department. This one is in the physics department. The Zoology department is three floors below this one." The professor said, taking his glasses off and keeping them on the table beside him.

"I'm talking about real butterfly." Jin reasoned and the professor nodded. "I'm also talking about real butterflies."

"No, but my one is a human." The professor frowned. "Humans are butterflies? Since when? Are you talking about fairies? They don't exist though."

"No, sir. My one is a human. A girl. I call her butterfly." Jin said, using his hands to imitate Y/n fixing her glasses and hair occasionally.

"Oh, nickname. But why are you here? You're her boyfriend? Or brother? You sound like her boyfriend to me." The professor commented, squinting his eyes. Jin sighed. "She doesn't let me call myself as her boyfriend. Not even a friend. I really think our friendship is so strong but she declines it. She's a confusing one."

"Fight for her. Women are difficult to understand. You will just have to be persistent." One of the students said and the others agreed to him. "Thank you," Jin said with a smile.

"But you are good at physics. I'm impressed. What are you doing? A job?" The professor asked, getting his attention back to him.

"I'm working at a convenience store."

"Don't waste your talent like that, son. I think I have some work for you at this lab. I can put in a good word for you, you can be a lab assistant from now itself." He offered and a bright smile formed on Jin's face.

"I would love to be in this lab."

-

"I hate being in this lab." Y/n groaned and looked around the corridor once in search of Jin before entering the lab with a deep sigh. "And this man keeps on annoying me." She complained, thinking about Jin but then her eyes fell on the named man inside the lab.

"Jin?" He turned to her and waved his hands at her, jumping to her in glee before pulling her in his embrace. "Butterfly!"

Y/n was hitting on his chest, asking to release her which he did and she glared at him. "Where the fuck did you run off from the library?" She whispered and he was about to reply but someone cleared his throat.

Jin and Y/n turned to look at the professor who eyed them suspiciously. Y/n squinted her eyes but then they widened when she realized that Jin still had his arms around her figure, hugging her close.

She held his hands and dropped them from her figure while Jin looked at her in confusion. "What happened?"

"Y/n is your butterfly?" The professor asked and Y/n eyebrows raised as she turned to Jin with a glare. He chuckled nervously, scratching his head, and looked at the professor.

"Yeah." Y/n's glare intensified and she looked at the professor. "He's my brother."

"Lie. I'm not. I'm her friend. A best friend who lives—" Y/n smacked her hand right over his mouth, causing him to groan and stumble back, rubbing his lips. "He's my brother from another father."

"More like another planet," Jin said and gently slapped her head, causing her to grunt in annoyance and look at him. "Shut up!" She whispered but heard the professor laughing at them.

"I don't know what is the relationship you both have but whatever it is, it's really sweet." The professor commented and Y/n felt her cheeks heating up in embarrassment. "I'm sorry, sir. I'll take him out." She said, holding Jin's hoodie and pulling him towards the door but he halted, causing her to stop as well.

"I won't leave. I work here." He said. She fused her brows in confusion. "Yes, Y/n. I gave him the job of a lab assistant here. He seems to know his physics well." Professor said and Y/n tilted her lips up in a crooked smile.

"Thank you, sir." The professor nodded and looked at Jin. "She's the only girl who opted for physics as her general subject. The boys are probably bunking class so attend to her, okay?" Jin saluted the professor who chuckled, shaking his head and walking away.

Y/n was smiling at the professor but her smile dropped, turning to Jin and passing him an icy glare. "Do you perhaps have an obsession with working in the places I visit every day?" She asked, tightly holding the straps of her bag pack, her knuckles turning white.

"No, I'm just offered jobs and I don't refuse it. These will help me gather information about this planet. Living a normal life like the people here," he answered and she rolled her eyes. "Did the professor offer you money?" She asked and he nodded. She sighed.

"Okay then. Make sure you spend it on yourself. If the colleagues here ask you to spend it on them since you're new, then don't. It's your money." She said, holding his arm and smiling at him slightly. He smiled at her. "It's yours too." He said but she coughed, looking away from him. He looked at her in concern.

"Are you fine?" He asked and she nodded, clutching his shoulder and looking at him with a big smile. "I'm fine. Just use the money for yourself. And try to spend it wisely." She said and he nodded.

"I will spend it wisely."

*******************

I love this chapter 😆😆