Vacation Part 4

A/N: Hey guys, it's been a while. Sorry for the long wait. I hate that I don't update more often but I'm happy that you guys still stand by me. Next chapter will hopefully be longer if things go to plan. But for now enjoy this chapter.

Secret Life of Writing out! :)

Violet's Pov:

I curse in my mind at the sound of Lee's voice. We were so close yet so far. I look to Clem and I can tell she's uncomfortable. I had just worked her up and now she had to deal with the sexual tension without a release. I send her an apologetic look and mouth the words I'm sorry as I move to let her up.

"It's fine, babe." She tells me as she zips her jeans back up and buttons them. But I know she's gotta be frustrated.

My face falls as she tells me this. I feel really bad for putting her in this position. I think she can see that I'm feeling guilty because she leans over and kisses my cheek as she grabs her shirt. "It's okay. Really." Then she winks at me. "We'll get another chance. Don't worry."

I still feel bad but I nod to show that I understand. Once Clementine is situated we walk down the hall to the living room where we see Lee and AJ seated on the couch. Lee looks up as we approach. "What were you two up to?" He asks.

I gulp nervously, hoping that my face isn't giving up any answers. But Clem is quick to answer. "Just taking a nap since we were up early this morning."

"Ah, smart decision." Lee compliments.

I'm astonished by Clem's confidence in her answer. Her ability to lie on the spot intrigues me. I've hid my fair share of secrets from the adults and I condone her for her wits. I'm then pulled from my thoughts by a question from Clem. "So how was the alligator?" She asks the two seated on the couch.

"He didn't eat my marshmallow." AJ whined.

"Aw, I'm sorry goofball." Clem says. "Maybe he just wasn't hungry. I'm sure he gets lots of snacks from other people too."

That's when Lee cuts in. "Speaking of snacks, Stephanie and I decided that we should all go out for dinner tonight."

"Where are we going?" Clem asks.

"To a fancy steakhouse where they use a wood burning grill to cook their food. I believe Stephanie called it La Casa Del Toro." Lee explained. "So go ahead and get ready. We'll be leaving once Violet's mom gets back. And remember to wear something nice."

"Will do." Clem said as she turned to leave.

I gave Lee a thumbs up before I followed Clem back to our bedroom so we could change. I had to admit, I was quite curious as to what Clem would wear to dinner. I've never actually seen her dress up before. She always seemed to wear a pair of jeans and a t-shirt with her jean jacket over it. Not that I was complaining. I loved the way my girlfriend looked no matter what she wore. But the curiosity still nagged at me as I entered our room.

I saw Clem rifling through her suitcase as I entered but she quickly stopped as I approached. "Isn't this exciting? We're going to a fancy restaurant together. I mean, sure our parents will be there, but I still think going out with you on vacation is going to be fun."

I smiled to show that I agreed with her before signing the question that had been on my mind. "What are you going to wear?"

I saw Clem smile before it turned into a smirk. "You know what, I think I want it to be a surprise. I'm gonna go get changed in the bathroom. Vi, close your eyes."

I silently giggled. "What? Why?"

"Because it wouldn't be a surprise if you see it now." Clem explained. "Just close your eyes until I step out and shut the door."