Trying To Open Up

A/N: Okay, I'm actually glad that chapter was split in two because this ended up being way longer than I imagined it to be, but that also might be because now I had the freedom to expand it. :)

And I'm going to apologize ahead of time, I let my emotions take over for one scene and that became pretty heartbreaking. I hope it doesn't totally crush the fluffier parts because this chapter was actually meant to be sweet.

Violet's Pov:

Later that night, it's about eight twenty when me and Clem are seated on her bed. I had Woody sitting in my lap as I sat with my legs crossed and my back against the wall. I pulled the special journal that I liked to use to talk to Clem, into my lap and opened it to a specific page. I had finally finished the story that I had been promising to write for her and I was excited to share it.

I quickly think of something that I want to tell her first before she reads it. "I promised that I was going to put you in a story that I wrote, so this is a story about you and me."

"So, I finally get to see the masterpiece of the famous Violet Knight." She exaggerates and I playfully push her as she chuckles at me. "If it's about you and me I hope it ends well. So what do you have for me, babe?"

I turn back to the original page I was on and point at the top where I have a title printed across the page. That's when Woody reaches up and starts to nibble on the edge of the book. Me and Clem both laugh at this and I lift the notebook up and out of his reach. I then place it between me and Clem so he can't reach it from my lap. Then Clem reads the title out loud.

"Chasin' Me, Sounds interesting. What's it about?" She asks me and I reply with another playful shove.

I shake my head and laugh before I turn to a clean sheet and write down a response. "That's why you have to read it, ya dork."

She chuckles at me. "I know, but give me something to build the suspense. Like a preview or summary."

I sigh, but I have a smile on my face as I turn the page over and write her a short summary of what the story will foretell. "Violet's never been one to rush into a relationship for fear of being hurt. But Clem doesn't know how to take No for an answer."

"Oh, so I get to be the clingy one?" She jokes with me. "I see how it is."

I respond by slapping her arm as if to say, "Shut up and read." But it only gets her to laugh more.

"I'm just joking babe. Whatever is written I know it'll be perfect..." She leans in and kisses my cheek. "...because you wrote it."

I give her a shy smile and I write something down on the side of the page real quick. "I love you."

She smiles when she sees what I've written and kisses me again. "I love you back." She whispers to me and I could honestly melt right now.

Then she picks up my notebook and places it in her lap. I pull Woody closer to my chest and I cuddle into Clem's side and rest my head on her shoulder as she begins to read the story that I've written for her.

"I've never given anyone a chance at my heart. Mom always said it was a treasure to part. And the person worthy of giving it to will stick around long enough to prove it to you..."

------

About twelve minutes later she ends the story with, "And I realize...I want this."

Then she closes the book and sets it down beside us. I still have my head on her shoulder and she reaches up and brushes my bangs behind my ear. "I really liked your story babe. It was perfect, just like I knew it would be." She tells me.