Battlefield Part 2: When Swords Collide

"It's okay to not be okay. When even the air you breathe is just too much for your lungs to take, I'll be there for you. Even through all the words that you don't say I hear your SOS. So I'm going to fight with you and for you. I want you to know. I will stand your ground. I'll kiss your battle scars. And leave my XO mark till you can feel it, can you feel it? You can call my name. I'll hold your hand grenade. Keep all your secrets safe 'til you can see me. Can you see me coming, running for you, in the dead of night? Can you hear me holler you're alright?

I'll take your fears and wipe your eyes and wear it all like War Paint.

I still remember the words she had written to me and I had no doubts that every one of them rang true.

When I thought that I fought this war alone, you were there by my side on the front line and we fought to believe the impossible. When I thought that I fought this war alone we were one with our destinies entwined because I only need your name to call out the reasons why I fought. I will remember you with me on that battlefield."

Battlefield Part 2: When Swords Collide

Clem's Pov:

I was seated on the couch with AJ on the floor as we watched a movie of his choosing. It was almost ten o'clock on a school night, but Lee let AJ stay up so we could watch the movie together, it was almost over anyway. That's when there was a buzzing sound coming from my phone that was resting on the arm of the couch. Taking my eyes away from How To Train Your Dragon I unlocked my phone and saw that I had a message.

I smiled seeing as it was from Violet and clicked the notification, but the message written there caused my smile to disappear.

"CLEMENTINE I NEED YOU! NOW!"

My heart started to pick up in pace. That was the signal I told her to write if something was ever seriously wrong. "Shit! Violet's in trouble."

I had told her to write in all caps, but the fact that she said she needs me Now, was sending up huge red flags. I knew whatever she was calling me for was something serious. This wasn't the normal, I need you. This was the I need you because I'm in danger kind of call. And that's when I remembered something that Louis and Sophie had said and I realized what was going on. I'd know that SOS call anywhere.

"Fuck, she's getting abused again."

I quickly scrolled through my contacts and hit the call button. While I waited for them to answer I ran over to the front door and started slipping on my shoes. It only took two rings for the person to answer. "Louis this is Clem, I need a ride."

"Whoa, Clem what's going on?" He asks me hearing the panic in my voice.

"Violet's in trouble. I don't have time to explain. How soon can you be here?" I told him finally getting my shoes on and tying the laces while still attempting to hold the phone.