02.Hwa

"What's his name?" Cina asked in the morning.

"Mi- what?" I caught myself.

"C'mon Hwaaaaaaaa! You've been smiling to yourself all morning who's the guy putting that smile on your face?" She wasn't wrong, I was smiling and it was because of a guy but I couldn't tell her that.

"I have no idea what you're talking about" I sat up and looked at my sketch in semi-horror. Mingyu. An outline of his beautiful smile. How? Why? I squashed the paper and put it in my pocket.

"Hwa I've known you forever, you can't lie to me! What's his name? Is he cute? Did you kiss him? Was it good?"

Cina has always been-- bolder than me in that sense "There's no guy. I'm just ready for this project is all."

I started sketching a new figure "You hate sculpting Hwa... pleaseeee tell me!" She threw herself on my desk.

"Cina, behave!" I laughed "If there's a guy I'll tell you first, but for now, there's no one"

She sighed "Fine, I need a break, let's go."

She hopped off the desk.

"We just got here like an hour ago" I laughed following her out of the studio happy to get away from this project. "Snack run, anyone want anything?" I yelled out and took orders for noodles, coffee, and a bunch of other snacks.

Mingyu... 'min' precious gem... that's why his smile is so pretty 'gyu' star... like the way his eyes glitter I shake my head, what the hell is going on!?

"You're doing it again Hwa" Cina laughed.

"Doing what?" She took a compact mirror out of her back pocket.

"Acting like a girl in love" I looked into the mirror. My cheeks were red, so were my ears.

"It's just hot okay and WHY WOULD YOU LET ME LEAVE THE STUDIO WITH MY HAIR LOOKING LIKE THIS!!" I fixed my hair as best as I could before grabbing the snacks and getting the coffee.

"Babe please just tell me!" Cina begged as we walked back to the studio. I smiled, she loved gossip more than anything in the world.

"I can't tell you because there's nothing to tell" I nod, trying to stop my delusional mind from running wild.

"Okay," she eyes me warily.

"Stop this! I'm serious there's no guy, just me being in a good mood?" I sipped on the coffee.

"Oh, we're going for drinks tonight, wanna come?" I guess she grew bored of trying to get me to spill the tea.

"Nah, I should start with my sculpture tonight" I sighed.

She lit a cigarette "You're no fun anymore! You always came not with us when you were with Hosh-" I gave her a warning glare and she stopped.

"Sorry Hwa, it just slipped out" She put an arm around me.

"Fine I'll come, but I'm not drinking." I gave in.

She squealed "yaaaaay!" She kissed my cheek "Wonwoo will be glad to hear that! He broke up with Chae last month and has had his eyes on you!"

I'm not interested in Wonwoo I want to see Mingyu again. Okay, this needs to stop.

After another unproductive day, we tidied up our workspaces and left the studio, a group of us headed off campus to the bar-restaurant, everyone with their partners except me.

The place was a bit gloomy and wreaked of alcohol, I breathed it in and took a seat on the empty barstool. Cina was lost in her current guys' mouth, everyone else talking about the project or weekend plans. I sipped on my drink and listened.

"Hwa-young, you're here?" Wonwoo came in. His white t-shirt tucked in his baggy blue jeans, he sat next to me "How've you been?" He smiled a sweet smile.

"Stressed?" I laughed.

Yeah, I heard about the sculpting thing" Wonwoos a literature major, one of the smart kids that parents loved. I'd be lying if I said I didn't find him attractive.

I ordered a soju to help me relax and maybe give me some courage...

"You look lost" Wonwoo laughed noticing me space out "Or drunk".

"I'm just... thinking about this stupid sculpting project, I have no idea what to do" I took another shot of my third soju.

"You'll figure it out, you're talented, always have been" Wonwoo winked.

Jeeeee thanks that's sooooo helpful

"Thanks, Wons" I smiled.

"Okay, we're calling it a night" one of the couples stood up to leave. I opened another soju and watched as the lovers left the restaurant one after the other.

"Hwa, babe, I'm going too" Cina stood up clutching onto the younger guys arm... I'm sure he had a name but learning it was pointless, she'd have a new one in a week.

"Okay love, be safe... use protection" The boy's face turned bright red when I said that.

"You too" Cina teased "Night Wonwoo" she wiggled her eyebrows and left.

"You guys are like a couple with the 'babe and 'love' and the cheek kisses," Wonwoo said.

"Don't be jealous" I got up and started walking for the door, Wonwoo a few steps behind me. "This was fun Wons" I looked into his eyes.

"Do you want to come over to my place?" He stepped forward, he was handsome and smart and funny, but he's been my friend for forever, dating would complicate that and a drunk hook-up would be even more complicated.

"Look, it's not that I don't like you, it's just-" he kissed my cheek.

"Don't finish your sentence" his eyes pleaded. "Maybe not yet, but who knows, you might change your mind" he smiled.

"I'm not looking for a relationship and you're fresh out of one. Wonwoo you don't like me, you just find comfort in knowing me." I hated how I said it, but it needed to be said.

"Wait Hwa-"

Wonwoo!! Okay, he's not my bias or my wrecker but he lives in my mind rent free look at him!