22.Mingyu

Irritated isn't a strong enough word to describe what I felt watching Hwa leave.

She's all I've wanted! she's perfect, in every way, but I could see the annoyance in her eyes.

What if she thinks I'm doing it on purpose? That I don't want to be with her? What if she takes these incidents as a sign?

She wasn't at campus yesterday... or today after that and her phone's off.

"I dunno Shua, I'm worried about her" I called again.

the phone you've dialed is turned off, please leave a message after the beep.

voicemail.

"hold on, I'll ask Cina" Joshua whipped out his phone.

I couldn't hear what she said when he asked about Hwa, but Joshua said she'd meet us on the roof. When did they get acquainted? And so close?

Oh no.

After the first lecture, we met Cina on the roof.

She hugged Joshua and just nodded at me.

This isn't good.

"I can't reach Hwa- is she- did something- what's going on?" I couldn't find what I wanted to say.

"I don't know Gyu, she told me her father was at her apartment three days ago and that's the last I heard from her" Cina looked down. "It's never good when that man visits Hwa" she emphasized visits and I started worrying even more.

'I don't really speak to my dad now.'
Hwa's voice rang in my head.

"And you didn't think to check on her!?" I shouted.

"Hey! I've known Hwa for years! She's been my best friend since we were in diapers! Don't act all macho with me!" Cina shouted right back, Joshua watched quietly. "Her dad is a sensitive topic Mingyu and I know better than anyone not to poke Hwa! She'll talk when she's ready!" Cina stormed off the roof, and Joshua followed behind her.

Talk when she's ready!? What if something happened to her!!

Something flipped in me and before I knew it I was outside Hwa's apartment.

I knocked a few times but got no answer.

0697
I punched in the code.

The apartment was too quiet "Hwa?" I walked in. "HWA-YOUNG!" I ran to her bed, she was pale and burning up.

What the hell do I do??

I called my mum.

"Put a cold cloth on her forehead, she probably has a fever" Her head was on fire, and her brows were furrowed.

I put the cloth on her forehead

"Now what?" I'm sure my mother could hear the panic in my voice, she tried to calm me. It wasn't working.

"Give me the address I'll come over" I paused for a minute, would Hwa mind my mother coming over?

"Just tell me what to do please, I'm freaking out" I needed to stay level-headed but Hwa was unconscious and overheating.

"Kim Mingyu! The first thing you need to do is breathe!" My mother shouted "Panicking won't help, check her temperature" I ran to the bathroom and found a temperature gun and thermometer.

"38.9°C"

Is this normal? Do I call the doctor?

"Okay, that's a normal fever" my mother sounded relieved.