18.Hwa

I spent most of my week at the welding department down stairs, avoiding Mingyu, I only went home at 12 and left for campus at 4.

I didn't want to see him, if I did, he could dump me.

I finished the heart for my sculpture in Wednesday morning and decided it would be safe to go in and attach it.

I packed it in my bag and left.

Campus was always quiet on a Wednesday. Hump days.

"Hwa?" A similar voice called, I turned.

"Mingyu's friend" I wanted to run.

"The name's Joshua, but yeah, Mingyu's friend" he came over to me.

Awkward silence...

More silence...

"How's the sculpture coming along?" He asked, his voice was soft and sweet.

"It's almost done, just need to add the heart and some glass things I made... then just minor details and fixes before I turn it in for the auction."

Joshua nodded.

"So... Mingyu a been looking for you... what happened?" He smiled.

No.

God, ask your friend.

"Ask your friend" I shrugged.

"I did, he said and I quote 'it's between me and Hwa' so I didn't bring it up again." His Mingyu impression was SPOT ON.

"Lol okay, just please don't tell him you saw me? I can't see him right now" I checked my watch, "I should go, I need to put the heart into the sculpture"

"You realise how strange that sounds right?" Joshua laughed, "just... don't avoid Gyu for too long? He's genuinely worried you're going to leave him"

I'm gonna- he's the one that just- aahhhhggghhhhh!

"Okay" I smiled and walked away from Joshua.

Placing an organ in a body is delicate work... even more so when the organ can break... I don't know how doctors do it.

I attached the heart to the chest and started placing little gems around the opening.

"That looks pretty good Woo"

I rolled my eyes and turned to face the man.

"Thanks Kang" I watched him examine my sculpture.

"We should get together and... share trade secrets some time" he bit his lip and came closer.

I noted the little scar on his cheek, his sad eyes and plump lips.

What are you doing!!

"Thanks but no thanks" I turned away, he stepped behind me.

"You know you want to Hwa, we have chemistry... you can't deny it"

We have beef.

And competitive tension.

That's it.

"No, we don't." I ignored his comment.

He leaned in "come over tonight, I'll show you" he whispered, sending a shiver down my spine.

"I'm not interested Kang, I have a-" I stuttered for a second.

"She has a boyfriend" Mingyu's voice boomed.

I'm going to kill Joshua

Song Kang was infamous for sleeping around, he looked lazily at Mingyu.

"And you are?" He put an arm around my shoulder.

I shook it off.

"Her boyfriend" Mingyu came to the bench.

I moved to leave.

"Doesn't seem like she wants to see you" I could hear him smile as he spoke.

Mingyu ignored him.

"What? Not pleasing her properly? Hwa, I can help with that" my hand acted before my brain could stop it and I landed a slap on his porcelain face.

"Keep it in your pants" I moved for the back door, Mingyu tried to follow but Cina stopped him.

"Just give her time, she's scared you're going to dump her" I heard her whisper to him.

"Hwa! Please!"

I left as quick as I could, I couldn't breathe, everything was getting blurry, my ears were ringing.

I almost fell, "careful" he caught me.

I looked up at Mingyu "Breathe love. Breathe" he steadied me.

"We need to talk"

Yeonjun is my ult bias

Yeonjun is my ult bias... and I feel like I'm cheating on him because of how much I think about mingyu 😭

Anyway...

Q: who's your ult bias?
I already answered... CHOOOI YEONJUNNNNN. He's so scrumptious 😭

Posting now so I can work on wabi-sabi later...