26. Mingyu

It's only been four days without physically seeing her, but I miss Hwa.

I know she said she's going to be busy, but our relationship has been reduced to sending memes and a bunch of "missing you", and "Don't forget to eat" messages.

Call me a simp, but I want her with me.

Stalker💍: can't wait to see you later today
Stalker💍: I've missed youuuuuuu😭

I smiled at the messages and looked in the mirror. Okay. Maybe she wasn't fine without me.

After fixing my tie, I grabbed my keys and left to fetch my mum.

"Mingyu! My son looks so handsome!" She hugged me then I got to the door.
"Come inside, your father wants to speak to you"

This can't be good.

The voice in my head was screaming for me to abort and say we were late, but my mother already ushered me inside.

"Dad" I bowed and shook his hand.

"Mingyu, next Saturday you're meeting a girl I want you to marry"

MARRY!?

"Dad I don't do that I have a-"

He raised his hand and silenced me.

"I don't care about your little girlfriend, this arrangement will benefit our company. You will meet the girl and that's the end of it"

Okay, I just have to meet her, with the prospect of marriage.

I gulped.

How am I supposed to tell Hwa? Do I tell her?

Mood ruined. Thanks, Dad.

"Mum, you have to talk him out of it, please" I pleaded in the car.

"Mingyu, you know how your father is, just meet the girl- you never know, you might like her more than this little artist" I couldn't believe my ears. "She's from a good family, rich, powerful. It's for the best"

I felt sick

"Mum! How can you say that!" I felt betrayed.

"Stop being so dramatic, you hardly know this girl" My mother looked straight ahead.

"I love her!" I clenched my jaw.

Relax Gyu.

We arrived at the venue for the auction.

I should have been beyond excited but my mood was just flat.

We took our seats, Mrs. Song walked onto the podium.

"Welcome one and all to this year's art auction" the audience applauded, "our artists have prepared various pieces with beautiful backgrounds for you, make yourself comfortable we'll begin shortly"

The woman in the emerald green dress left the stage.

A younger girl ran up.

"Hello, I'm Kim So-hee I'm the MC for today's event, our artists have worked incredibly hard to give you the best sculptures, each piece will be presented with a small speech from our artists themselves, thereafter, drinks will be served and you may have a closer look at the pieces that interest you before the auction begins" her voice shook. "First up, Mr Min min-ho"

I zoned out for most of the presentations, and finally, the girl announced Hwa.

The piece was brought onto the stage, covered in a red cloth.

She walked on, god she looked amazing.

She wore full white, her dress came to her calves, she wore dainty white heels, and had a traditional Korean hairpin going through her bun.