09.Hwa

"I'm going to do it!" I banged my hands on the desk "I'm going to ask him out" I felt determined, looking at the rough sculpture in front of me and thinking about Mingyu.

"Very well done Miss Woo" I almost jumped out of my skin. Why was she here early!

"I like the idea, Who might I ask inspired it?" The devil woman questioned and like clockwork Mingyu burst through the door.

"Hwaaa-" he stopped in his tracks and tried to turn.

"Young man, come here" she ordered I did my best to hide the sculpture from his eyes. "Who is this? And why is he in my building" she turned questioning me.

"He- I-" God I turn into an illiterate fool when she's around.

"I happen to be Hwa-young's muse," Mingyu said matter-of-factly and took a seat at my bench. He's really brave. Or stupid. Maybe both?

"Is that so? And do tell me why are you here?" I could feel myself tensing.

"I asked him to come" I blurted to make sure he didn't get in trouble. "I needed to look at his features for... depth" What? Depth?

Mingyu grinned at me.

"Yes, see a face like this-" he tilted his head back "needs to be examined properly" I glared at him praying he'd SHUT UP but it was of no use. "I was created with no flaw, and the beautiful Hwa over here is trying to copy such perfection"

I thought for sure he was dead. Well, at least you had two dates.

I sighed.

Mrs Song laughed "I like this one," she said to me "keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing the finished piece".

As she left I let out a breath and the rest of my colleagues cheered.

"Finally Hwa! Proud of you!" One of the guys shouted from across the room.

I went over to Mingyu and threw my arms around him "You're an idiot! Thank you!" His hands took my waist and he twirled me.

"I should be rewarded, let me see what you're working on" he tried to get around me but I grabbed his hand. "Sit" he looked confused but complied.

"Now I really do have to examine your flawless face" I took my sketch book and made notes.

"We should just redo the picture in better lighting" Cina suggested grabbing her camera.

"No, it's a giveaway" I looked at Mingyu.

"No it's not, let's do it. Hey, smiles, stand up" Mingyu obeyed Cina and stood, " Now take her by the waist and dip her" she commanded.

His eyes light up, "So that's what it is" he grabbed me and followed Cina's orders.

I felt myself blush looking into his intense eyes.

"Fine, if I can't see this piece, show me past pieces?" He looked down at me, still in the pose Cina asked for, I stared at him, his eyes drifted to my lips as his breathing got heavier.

"Am I that heavy?" I joked to change the mood Cina's camera clicked and a flash went off.

"You're a freaking feather" he laughed coming back to reality. "Now show me your art!"

"Fine, let's go" I turned and walked toward the door, Mingyu following behind.

"I meant a picture," he said as we walked to the basement.

"It looks better in person" I shrugged and unlocked the door.

"Wow" Mingyu looked around "These are all so amazing" he stopped at a few people's paintings and sculptures.

"These two are the only ones still here" I gestured to my two sculptures.

"Wait I've seen that before!" He came over. "My mother wanted to buy it" he took out his phone "but she was outbid" he showed me the chat between him and his mother. "She said she loved how full of emotion it is, that the girl really looks heartbroken, how did you do this part" he pointed at the red gems from the chest of the sculpture to a hand squeezing a heart.

"Oh, that's just resin gems I made, it's supposed to be blood and love" I noted.

"She's on her knees, he-" I pointed to the hand "ripped out her heart" I felt a lump forming in my throat, "She's begging for it back".

I didn't realize he was watching me instead of looking at the sculpture "Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded "Yeah" I sniffled "Anyway, the guy that outbid your mum died and the family decided they don't want the piece so it's just... here"

I wiped my cheek as subtly as I could, Old wounds might heal but the memory still hurts.

If you look at the picture riggghhhttt on top, I did a little thingy of what the sculpture looks like in my head

If you look at the picture riggghhhttt on top, I did a little thingy of what the sculpture looks like in my head. (It's to show what I can't explain)

What's your favorite SEVENTEEN song?

Don't forget to vote and comment. Love ya!