15.Hwa

Turning Wonwoo down was easily one of the most difficult things I'd ever had to do, but I had to. I couldn't say yes to a relationship I felt uncomfortable in...

Especially when I have a crush on a clueless idiot.

We decided we'd just be friends, then he told me he planned on moving to England for a while and the only thing stopping him was me.

My heart felt heavy. I felt shitty.

Why? If you said yes, you would have held him back from a dream you know he's had since you guys were little.

Good point. Thanks voices.

The week felt like it was dragging. I finished most of the stained glass pieces I wanted to add to the sculpture, I couldn't wait for Mingyu to see it.

GyuMingyu: still on for Saturday? 
GyuMingyu: I'm serious😶 no bailing
GyuMingyu: dress comfortably, there's a lot of work to cover.
GyuMingyu: I'll provide snacks👀
GyuMingyu: yes... I'm baiting you with snacks.

I smiled at my phone.

"Is that your BooYfRieeeNd?" Cina mocked.
"He's basically your boyfriend-" she came over "You guys spend so much time together! I hardly get you to myself"

I put my arm around her "Aww you miss me" I booped her nose "but... He's not my boyfriend" I sighed.
"What does dress comfortably mean?" I groaned.

"It means to dress like you're going to study... but... make it a bit... sexy" she winked.
"I'm coming over in the morning," Cina told me, that's right, not 'can I come' over or 'need help' that's not Cina's style.

The day finally ended.

I was the first one out.

Like any smart dumbass, the first thing I did when I got home was try to recall every law phrase I'd learned from first year before I dropped out, even did a quick 'suits' re-run.

Don't judge me. I needed to impress him.
Even though... he doesn't know I did a year of law.

I woke before my alarm the next morning.

"Something comfortable" I looked through my clothes and took out options.

"No, no, next" Cina looked bored.

"Oh for God's sake just go and pick something you cow" I threw myself onto my bed and let Cina work.

Me: define comfortably?
Me: no I'm not panicking about what to wear🙄
Me: stop smiling.

I threw my phone to the side... three seconds later, it vibrated.

GyuMingyu: would you like the dictionary definition?
GyuMingyu: literally come in our pjs
GyuMingyu: 🙄I wasn't smiling.
GyuMingyu:okay... maybe I was smiling a little.
Me: you're of no help. Go away.
GyuMingyu: see you in a few, grumpy.

I smiled.

"You know..." Cina turned to me.

Oh god.

"You've seen those tiktoks with the guys in the grey sweatpants?" I nodded.

"Well... it works just as well for girls".

She threw me grey sweats and a white crop top I didn't even know I had.

"No questions, just change."

I complied.

"Dayyymmm babe. Smash." She came over to the mirror.

I had nothing but love for Cina but... couldn't help feeling insecure next to her.

She was flawless. Flawless fair skin, beautiful doe eyes, legs that took up 80% of her body.

I looked at myself, "I don't think I can wear this".

She rolled her eyes.

"You're doing it again" She held my shoulders.

"Doing what?"

"Comparing us. Hwa, babe, you're gorgeous. Really you are. You've got the most beautiful smile and eyes, your body! Girl, I'd kill to have that damn hourglass and your abs!" She made me look at myself.
"You're beautiful, not just because of this-" she gestured to my body "-but because of this" she pointed to my heart.

"My boobs?" I joke and she slapped the back of my head.

"Those too, but I'm serious! You're my girl crush." She sat me down and brushed my hair.

"Loose or tied?" I shrugged at the question.

"Tied it is" she put my hair in a ponytail. "Now go get that man. Oh- I'm staying here till you get back" She crawled into my bed.

Driving to Mingyu's house, I could feel my nerves rising.

What if this is too comfy?

Or too open?

Just breathe. Relax. Inhale. And. Exhale.

I calmed myself as I pulled up to his place.

Me: I'm here.
GyuMingyu: come up 😁
GyuMingyu: walk slowly, don't trip over your nerves😏
Me: 🤨
Me: Are you gonna tell me which floor or am I supposed to follow the stench of ego?

He gave me the floor and apartment number.

My legs shook as I walked up.

Why am I so nervous?

I rang the bell.

"Miss-" he looked at me and his smile widened. "Okay your stalker skills are starting to scare me"

Whyyy??? Why was he wearing grey sweatpants and a white top!?

The fates were really messing with me.

"I- no- I mean- just let me in" I felt flustered having him match me.

I tugged my crop top, feeling a little shy as I looked around. The layout was pretty similar to mine, but the aesthetic was vastly different.

We went to his room where a million books and papers were scattered.

Unlike the main room (Which was white with a few paintings hung) his walls were crimson and white with posters and notes hung.

The room smelled like him. I love it.

My eyes darted to the bookshelf. Which, to my dismay mostly had textbooks.

"Just like you pictured it?" He questioned standing at the door.

"A little messier than I thought, but I guess so" I looked at the basketball posters.

"Firstly- it's messy because I'm studying and secondly- you've pictured my room?"

Yes. And countless other things-

"Shut up" I put my bag down and sat on the bed.

It's commmiiinngggg- but will Hwa say yes? Should I do a double update?

Q: Excluding Korea... What's one county or city you want to visit?
My answer: Greece. I find it so beautiful! The culture, the architecture, all of it!