44. Hwa

"Can you just tell me what to wear? Your entire family's gonna be there!" I climbed on top of Mingyu who laughed.

"Just wear anything, you look great in everything" he held my thighs.

"I know I look good in everything, that's not the point!" I pounded his chest "Please be helpful just this once??"

"Okay, I'll buy you a dress" He closed his eyes, still grinning.
I gave up and got off him, "stop sulking and get dressed so we can go shopping" he tugged at my shorts.

I huffed and walked away.
Stop sulking? Stop SULKING??? You asshat I'm meeting your entire family and you're not being helpful I should kick your ass out of my apartment and-

"Stop cussing me in your mind" he sat up on my bed, "god, you're no fun when you're like this! Go check the back seat of my car" he tossed his keys to me.

I fumbled the keys and they landed with a loud KLANG at my feet. "Your back seat?" I picked them up "Okay"
I skipped out of the apartment.

MyGyu♡: Don't open it until you're back here!
MyGyu♡: I'm watching you 👀
Me: who's the stalker now?

I took the wrapped box back up and sat it on the bed "Well... go ahead" he pushed it and watched me rip the paper.

It's beautiful.
Blush pink...
Satin material...
Strapless...

I held the dress to my body and smiled "I love it" I whispered "I have to put it on!!!" Giggles escaped my lips, like a little kid

I shouldn't feel shy to change in front of Mingyu, but for some reason, I am. I opened the door to the cupboard and fitted the dress on.
Have you ever felt pretty without actually seeing how you look? That's what I felt at that moment. Maybe it was the fact that Mingyu bought the dress which meant HE thought it would look good on me, or maybe I just liked the feel of the dress against my skin.

I looked down at the material, the way it flowed...

You're being dramatic it's not a wedding dress Hwa, snap out of it.
I shook my head.

"Ready??" I peeked out.

Mingyu sat up on the bed and pulled a pillow onto his lap. I stepped out from behind the door and did a little twirl. "It looks beautiful babe" he got up and came over to me. "Whoever chose it has a good eye" Mingyu gloated.

"Yeah... my boyfriend is pretty decent I guess" I let my hair down and looked at myself in the mirror, "I love it, thank you GyuMingyu" I smiled up at him.

"You're welcome HwaHwa, now take it off... I don't trust you, you'll find a way to mess it" he poked my side.

"You- I- Good point" I unzipped the side of the dress, Mingyu handed me a t-shirt and I changed.
"Okay now prepare me for tomorrow" I walked to the kitchen, Mingyu following behind me "Any family members I should- avoid?"

He smiled "No, but my sister is DYING to meet you so be ready for that wacko" he opened a cupboard and took out two glasses.
"Don't be nervous, my family's chill"

You can't tell me not to be nervous, that just makes me more nervous!!

"If you say so" I poured us some wine and we moved to the sofa.

⚠️SHORT CHAPTER BECAUSE I DON'T WANT IT TO END YET⚠️

What I love about this man... is that he can look so fineeeee but he can also look like a goofball... there's no in-between with him.

Q: what's your favorite feature on/about yourself?
My Answer: probably my eyes. Okay now they have giant bags and dark circles, but I like my eye shape and colour 🤷🏻‍♀️