40. Mingyu

Hwa and I video-called every night since I got to my parents' house, still, sitting here without her felt weird.

A small wave of guilt hit me when I looked at the gift she got me tucked safely under the tree. My sister finally got to the living room and the gifts were distributed.

Stalker💍: Happy Christmas babe!
Stalker💍: Did you open the gift?
Stalker💍: Do you like it????
Me: I haven't opened it yet.
Me: how as Christmas eve?
Stalker💍: who cares! open my gifttttt!

She's avoiding the question? I'm guessing it was either boring or shitty.

I laughed when I saw she packaged my own hoodie as my gift there was a note.

Gag gift because I own the naughty list
There's something in the pocket
DON'T LOOK IN FRONT OF YOUR PARENTS
Ask your mum for the real gift
Love you
Miss you
-Hwa-young

I looked at my mother who had a huge smile on her face "Hwa's really something else" She handed me a green bass guitar- the guitar I pointed out to Hwa on one of our dates. The guitar I couldn't afford to buy.
My eyes welled with tears.

"Hwa sent it?" I held it in my hand, I'm the worst boyfriend ever. "I love it!" I strummed a tune I heard Hwa humming and- without looking at the other gifts- left for my room.

I pulled the paper out of the pocket of the gag gift. My eyes were glued to the picture she slipped in. No wonder she didn't want my family to see it. It's a signed picture of her in Christmas shorts and a vest with the words  Naughty girls get licked on it. I gulped and stared at the picture.

I snapped back into reality when my phone vibrated.

Stalker💍: well?
Stalker💍: do you like it? Is it the right one?

The only thing I could think about was how the hell I was supposed to go back downstairs with the tent in my trousers.

Me: I love it.
Me: both gifts👀
Stalker💍: haha I knew you'd like the second one byeee

I washed my face to calm down then joined my family for breakfast.

Mum?" I pulled her sleeve "I think I'm gonna leave today"

I expected her to shout, but instead, she smiled. My father laughed "Hwa probably misses you too, you can leave later in the day, just spend some time with us first" she guilt hugged me.

"You're gross" my sister rolled her eyes "Your girlfriend has you every day but you can't leave her for what? One full week? Are you THAT horny?"

My father's eyes widened "Watch what you say!" He commanded, my sister apologized and ate quietly.

Later that day, my father called me to his home office.
This is never good.

I sat in the chair opposite his desk, feeling like the little kid he used to scold. "Mingyu- My son, I trust you and I like Hwa, but please be careful?" He urged.

"Careful about what dad?" I loosened up.

"I know you guys are young and full of passion-" Oh no. Not the safe sex talk! "-but I need you to... think clearly at all times" my father marched up and down "I'm not saying don't- you know-" his face was crimson. I had to pinch myself to stop myself from laughing "-just don't get her pregnant" he blurted out.