08.Hwa

He took my hand and pulled me out of the boot. "This is amazing" he put my hands over his shoulders and played some music.

This is wrong, he's not yours you shouldn't be acting like this. I hate when the voices in my head are right. There's nothing wrong with dancing. You and Cina dance together all the time. That's better.

"What're you thinking about?" I realize his hands are on my waist.

"Nothing, just... stuff?" I look at the ocean to avoid his gaze.

This is perfect, he's perfect. Just ask him out! I thought about asking him, but remembered Cina saying it might hurt his pride.

"Stuff? That's concerning" he tries to pull me closer but I don't let him.

Waves crash on the shore as we sway in silence, my mind creating a million scenarios of what could be... My throat feels a little dry, an old couple walks to us, "Can we join you lovebirds?" The man asks.

"Oh we're not-"

"Of course why not?" he cut me off and smiled at the couple who joined us on the makeshift dance floor swaying in the moonlight.

After a few dances and drinks with the couple, we decided to leave.

"They are adorable!" I squeal looking out of the window, Mingyu decided he'd drive to his place so I could rest "I want that" I sigh.

"Want what?" He looks over at me.

"Forever."

His smile makes my heart melt.

They met in high school and are still together. They've seen grandkids.

"You'll have it" he reassured.

"Nah" I protested. "I need someone who can handle me when I hate myself. Someone who'll love me even with my flaws-"

He burped and laughed "I'm sorry, I tried to hold it in" I shook my head at the boy.

"You really will have it one day Hwa, you just need to find the guy." He winked at me.

I WANT YOU TO BE THE GUY! MY GUY! MY GYU!

I stare out of the window, the warm breeze feels amazing.

We finally pull up to his place.

"Thanks for tonight" he got out of the car, and I followed.

You're not inviting me in???

"Sorry, it wasn't much" I kick the dirt.

"It was perfect, I love getting to know you" he pulled me by the waist and kissed my cheek. "Night, Hwa-young" he whispered in my ear before going into the building.

 "Night, Hwa-young" he whispered in my ear before going into the building

Short chapter coz I'm feeling a little... Meh. This man's smile is my motivation to get up in the morning.