43. Mingyu

Shua, Cina, Hwa, and myself sat on the balcony of our room...

Hwa was on my lap, her back rested against my chest, the smell of her berry perfume wafting around us. We sat in comfortable silence, she read her book and I enjoyed her presence.

Joshua and Cina were deep in conversation, maybe they were talking about whatever problems they were having.

"It's almost New Year" Hwa sang as she closed her book "And I just finished my hundredth book" She snuggled into me and caressed my hand with her thumb. "Thanks for everything GyuMingyu" She looked at me.

"You're welcome Stalker" I tucked her hair behind her ear "but you promised me something else for New Year remember?" I whispered, her cheeks flushed.

"Behave yourself" she kissed my cheek "the night's still young".

The countdown started. We watched couples and families play in the snow, little kids screaming at the top of their lungs 10, 9, 8...

"Fine!" Joshua shouted.

5, 4

"Don't be like that please" Cina was in tears.

Is it wrong that I hated them for this? Couldn't they keep it in for a few minutes?

3, 2...

Hwa ran over to Cina

1! The sound of people shouting HAPPY NEW YEAR rang loud, but I stood alone watching Hwa lift Cina from the ground. "Head inside babe, I'll be there in a second" she gestured for Cina to go into the room then came back to me.
"Happy New Year my love" She pulled me by my collar and kissed me.

Fireworks went off in the background, but all I could feel was Hwa, all I could hear was my heart pounding in my chest. I snaked my hands around her waist and pulled her body closer to mine. Our surroundings fell away, there was only Hwa and myself... this moment... this memory.

"Go..." I pulled myself away from her, despite my entire being wanting more "Make sure Cina's okay" I pecked her lips again "Happy New Year HwaHwa"

She smiled, "You and me... tonight... I promise" She hugged me then ran into the bedroom and closed the door behind her.

"Joshua you schmuck" I sat next to my friend "You couldn't wait till tomorrow?" I teased.

"Not in the mood" he deadpanned.

"What happened?" I put my arm around him.

"I tried speaking to her, she started crying and apologizing, I told her not to apologize, that I don't want her to think all I want is her body... she started crying more and told me that's all she's known in relationships, I said that's not what I want in a relationship-"

I face-palmed myself. "You didn't actually say that right?"

"I did, she cried some more and told me she needs to breathe, I yelled fine and shit exploded" he sighed "What if she breaks up with me?"

How the hell am I supposed to advise you????

"Listen, you just need to let her breathe, Hwa's talking to her now. You can speak to her later and explain- kindly- how much she means to you. I know a few things about Cina from Hwa, she's... she's been hurt by the people who're supposed to care for her so she's fragile even if she acts tough" I sighed "She needs YOU to not only love her, but to be patient with her, it'll take time, but she's a good person. I've seen it"

I felt bad for Cina and Joshua but I didn't know how to help.

Hwa came out of the room twenty minutes later "Shua, a word?"
I wished him luck and he went to Hwa.

I watched her hands flying in the air as she yelled and explained things to Joshua, she prodded his chest before she started crying too "Cina is my best friend, my sister! I know she's difficult but she's been through A LOT you either need to be patient with her or leave her before she gets too attached"

I stood up to comfort Hwa when Joshua started speaking "I don't want to leave her! I just want to understand her! But she won't open up to me!" I'd never seen him yell like that.

"SHE. NEEDS. TIME!!!" Hwa shouted back. I took her in my arms.

"Hwa, breathe" I stroked her head.

Cina came out of the room "Jo-Joshua C-an we TaLK pp-please" she choked the words out.

My heart broke seeing her like that. Joshua nodded and they left.

"You good?" I looked at Hwa, she dried her eyes.

"Yeah" she took my hand in hers "Sorry about that" she looked up at me.

I cupped her cheek "You're a great friend, you know that?" My thumb caressed her cheek.

"Thanks" she sat on the couch.

"Coffee?" I offered.

"Always" she stretched.
We sat together on the couch watching the fireworks outside.

"You think they'll be okay?" I asked.

"Hopefully, Cina really likes him... she's questioning whether or not she's good enough for him" she sipped her coffee, I felt her muscles relax.

It's cute that all she needs is coffee to calm down

"Why do you two do that?" I pulled her closer "You guys are amazing women. You shouldn't be questioning your worth"

10 points to me for that

"We know our worth, it's just that... we finally found men we ACTUALLY want to like us, so everything has to be perfect" She sat her cup down.
"Plus Cina and I were pretty sure we'd just marry each other eventually, since only we understood us" she laughed to herself.

"You guys are strange" I teased, Hwa got up.

"Wait here until I call you" she kissed my cheek.

I sat alone for five minutes.

"Mingyuuuuu" she called, I opened the room door and my jaw dropped.
"Happy New Year" she sat in the center of the bed "Only a bow... as promised" she bit her lip.

I gulped looking at her "You- oh my god- you drive me insane" I walked over to the bed and pulled the bow off her neck. "Aren't you cold?" My eyes traced her nude body.

"I'm hoping your body will be on top of mine soon and that will warm me up" she laid back "if you stop drooling and do something"

I scanned her curves and the birthmark on her inner thigh. My fingers traced the stretch marks on her hips before I hooked my arms under her and pulled her to the edge of the bed.

"Happy New Year Hwa" I got on my knees.

"Happy New- AH MINGYU!" She screamed and arched her back.

Agkgjehxjfbejxn we're nearing the end you guys...
I'm excited!

Q: Which member (except your bias) would you want to date and why?
My Answer: S.coups. do I even need to explain? He makes me feel things lol. I love how competitive he is and protective and considerate of the members. He's so wholesome.

Don't forget to comment and vote...
Or... or... or Jyp will sing sweet dreams at your wedding!!!!