47. Mingyu

"Hwa, darling, wake up" I kissed her forehead, and she groaned and frowned, "C'mon babe, it's your graduation day" I whispered into her ear.

"I don't wanna graduate, I want to sleep" she pushed my face away, "why won't you just let me sleep??" She kicked her legs.

"Because you have a hair appointment in 20 minutes and I need to get your dress steamed" I traced her cheek, "wake up, I'll make coffee"
I tried to get out of the bed, but she pulled me back
How is she so strong?
"We don't have time for this" I complained, she's side-tracking all my plans!

"You don't have time for me?" She finally opened her eyes "I'm hurt" She reached for her phone "It's almost SIX! I'm late! WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME!" She practically flew out of the bed.

"Why didn't I- you- I tried- you're so frustrating!" I followed her to the bathroom "Are you excited?" She swirled some toothpaste onto her paintbrush-shaped toothbrush and nodded.

"Glad it's finally over" she gargled and washed her face, her bare face is the most beautiful thing in the world. "Coffee?" She pulled me by the hem of my trousers and kissed me.
I stepped forward and she slipped her hands up my bare stomach.

Mingyu snap out of it!
You don't have time for-
God her hands feel so soft

I fought with myself, but desire overpowered my logic. I sat her on the vanity top and rested my hands on her thighs which she spread for me to stand comfortably between.
Her arms draped over my shoulders as she leaned into the kiss.
I felt her smile before pulling away.

"I'd give you more, but like you said we don't have time for this so" she mocked my voice and walked to the kitchen. I followed behind like a love-sick puppy.
"Okay I'll be home in like half an hour with Cina, Joshua" she sipped on her coffee before sitting on my lap.

"I'll leave your dress on the bed when it's done and I'll meet you at the hall" She frowned at my words, "I have to pick up your gift" I wrapped my arms around her, and she leaned back.

Kim Mingyu you have things to do!

"We need to get moving" she sighed, I agreed. "But I wanna stay like this for a little longer" Her small hand held mine and she traced my knuckles with her thumb.
Eventually, we made it out of the door, her fingers laced through mine, "I'll see you later okay?" She kissed the back of my hand and let go.

"Hwa-" I called as she got into her car
"- I'm so proud of you my love" I blew her a kiss.

Driving to the dry cleaners, I felt my nerves kick in, what if she doesn't like it? Or she's not ready? I had to distract myself so I called her brother.

"They're not coming" his deep voice echoed in my car "It's just going to be me"
I sighed out loud.

"Okay, I'm sure it's better that way" I reassured myself.

"Is everything set? You need anything?" Do-hwan offered, I didn't want to ask for help, but I didn't want to say no. So I asked him to pick up the roses for me.

We met at a coffee shop close to campus and talked for a while, my leg tapping nervously under the table.
"C- can I ask you something?" I blurted, he looked at me with his intense monolid eyes and nodded.
"I- nevermind"

Sensing my nerves, he laughed, "Mingyu, you need to relax mahn" I put a hand on my shoulder "Everything's going to go fine" he smiled and I eased.
"Let's go"

We got to the hall and looked around, people took their places. The art department was sooooooo extra, no wonder Hwa was part of it. The back of the stage had sculptures and paintings of the graduating students.
No, not their artwork, literal paintings, and sculptures of them.