19.Mingyu

I caught her before she could fall, I didn't know she gets anxiety attacks.
"We need to talk" I took her hand and led her to the roof. She stood at the edge and I just watched her, she wouldn't look me in the eye.

"I-"
I hesitated.

"Why are you avoiding me? Again" I was annoyed. She didn't respond.
"Hwa, talk to me" Still nothing. She took a pack of cigarettes out of her pocket and lit one.
"Say something!" I didn't mean to shout, but I hated being ignored.

"What do you want me to say!?" She yelled back, her voice cracked.
"Do you want me to tell you I'm sorry? That I'm hurt you just walked out? Do you want me to say it's over? Or that I've missed you?" Tears filled her eyes, I stepped to her but she stepped away.

"Do you want me to tell you that when I'm without you I'm so lonely? That when you're not here... 911... I feel like calling 911. That I want to be with you all the time, into your heat, I want to dive, that I don't know what I'd do if you walked out of my life!?"

I know she's mad, but that was... a confession, right?

"Hwa, darling you- darling you-" calling her darling didn't feel right, was baby to cringe? "Baby, you have every right to be angry, but for this relationship to work, you HAVE to speak to me. You can't just avoid me when you're angry" The corner of her mouth quirked up.

"You called me baby" she glanced up at me "That's so cringe" she wrinkled her nose.

How can I be angry when she's so cute?

"Cina calls you babe all the time! I'm sorry for just walking out, but I couldn't exactly do what I wanted to when my mother walked in" I took her in my arms.

"She probably hates me" She wrapped her arms around my neck, standing on tiptoes to reach, and she hugged me. "I'm sorry for avoiding you Gyu Mingyu"

Hwa's body pressed against mine "She doesn't hate you, she was... surprised" I look down at her.

Her eyes gleamed in the sunlight.

"Are we good now?" I unwrapped my arms from her waist. She nodded.

Thank you.

"Good." I flick her head. "Idiot. Why would I leave you?"

She smiled.

"Your mum-" she pulled on her cigarette.

"Has no say in my love life" I watch her make circles with the smoke. "Besides, she was just surprised to see me with a girl" I scratch my head.
"She's been trying to set me up with her friends' daughters" I mumbled.

"Okay." She looked at me.

"Okay?" I questioned, "it doesn't bother you?" Are all girls this confusing?

"You chose me right? As long as you keep choosing me, I don't care who flirts with you or likes you or any of that" she ashed her cigarette.

"Let's go" she took my hand, "I have work to do, I'm finishing my sculpture this week" We left the roof.

"Take me to my campus?" I feel like a high-schooler, but Hwa smiles.

"Let's go, you big baby"

We walked together, and one hundred topics were discussed. We spoke about my exams and the date of the auction, favorite colors, and Hwa's caffeine addiction.

She noted my love for sport and the fact that she saw a bass guitar in my apartment during her escape.

I put my arm around her.
People stared, but she didn't even notice.

"Mingyu-ieeeee" I rolled my eyes at the voice, a short, stubby girl ran over to me with flowers and a box.

"Mingyu, please accept this and be mine?" She held out her arms, a pink cake with the words 'be mine iced on it, and a chocolate with a note.

Is she blind? Stupid?

"I-"

Hwa hit the box out of her hand.

"Are you blind? Or just stupid?"

Can she read my mind? I was shocked at her reaction.

"Do you not see his arm around me?" She tugged on my arm.
So much for not caring. "This man- is MY man okay?" She looked at the girl.

Her man! I'm her man!

That made me feel fuzzy.

"That can change" She didn't just say that.

"Seo-ri-" I tried to chip in, but Hwa didn't let me.

"You think so?" I could hear her annoyance. "Okay, go for it." She took my arm off her, "Make him yours"

Seo-ri tucked hair behind her ear and stepped forward, I hid behind Hwa, my hand on her waist.

"Seo-ri, don't do this" I sighed.

"What's so great about her!?" Seo-ri pointed at Hwa as if she wasn't the most perfect being in the world.

Hwa laughed.

"Nothing, but he seems to like me and I'm completely obsessed with him" she faced me.

I watched her eyes dart from mine to my lips.
Was she going to kiss me to make a point?

"I should get back" she whispered. "Before I do something bad" she turned to the girl.

I was a bit disappointed, but happy she wasn't being too petty.

"Babe, you're... great, but this... this is not being a girl's girl... stay away from my man okay because next time, it won't be a box that I hit, okay? You'll find someone for you." She sounded both genuine and condescending at the same time.

"Bye" She was about to walk away, fists balled. I grabbed her and kissed her.
I heard Seo-ri cuss and leave.

Okay... maybe she's not petty, but I am... plus... her being possessive was hot.
Would Hwa be angry that I did that?
No right?

"You're stupid," I said when I broke the kiss, "dinner tonight? A real date?" I kissed her cheek.

"You're an idiot, okay, pick me up at 8?" She smiled. "And no, I wasn't jealous of the girl and I'm not obsessed with you" she smirked.

"I believe you said COMPLETELY OBSESSED, not just obsessed."

She shook her head.

"Don't flatter yourself" she tried to hide a smile.

I pulled her in for a hug "I'll see you at 8... make sure you look pretty for me?"

 make sure you look pretty for me?"

This is a filler chapter... so no... it's not great, but it's something... which is better than nothing...

Q: Cats or dogs?
My Answer: both! I love both, but I can't have a dog so I have 2 cats...