Chapter 1

Tonight I find myself sitting on the plane back to Miami, I can not bring myself to believe it, it has been around six years, I never would have thought that one day destiny would lead me back to this empty place. My head is pressed against the head of the seat harshly, my fingers squeezing the material beneath them, my heart is beating out of control as I try my best to stay calm.

Same roads, same streets with the same names that lead to the same lonely place. Never in my life had I been as nervous as I am today, it feels like I am falling apart all over again. The pain that she left was unexplainable, unforgettable and unforgivable, but I forgave, God did I forgave everything she did. I forgave when she cheated, when she made me feel like dirt, when she embarrased me in front of my friends, my family all because of my stupid heart that loved her since day one.

Let's face it, I was in love with the famous girl, with the girl everyone wanted, well they got her, more than I did. And here I am now, flying back after six years since I last saw her or talked to her.

The night I left is pretty much still alive, I can still remember it like it was yesterday, the pain, I remember the pain, I remember how much it hurt looking at her face covered with tears, her make up ruined, her fist clenched as she punched me over and over again, yelling that I can't leave her. But I did, and if I had the choice to do it again I would, I admit it that was probably the best choice that I've made in my entire life. I went to college afterwards, found my best friends, I fell in love, I've partied, and the most important thing I graduated and grew up. I am a doctor now, but don not worry I am not planning to bore anyone with my job, it is what is it, a part of life.

Sitting here looking through the window brings back the bad memories, when I had to travel from one side of the planet earth to the other, just to be in the shadow of the girl that I used to love. I never got the feeling that she loved me back, not until I told her that I was leaving her, that was the first and the last time I have seen it in her eyes that she might feel something too. But it was just a little too late.

"First time flying? You'll be fine you know?" An old lady sitting next to me says, her eyes focused on the window.

"No, it's not the first time. But the memory of the last time is still pretty much alive and scary." My legs are shaking, my hands too, I try to push my legs down to stop them but nothing helps, the lady next to me smiles at my atempt to stop.

"You have a story." I hear a voice after a while, I open my mouth to say something but I close it instantly, what can I possibly say to that? I look at the ceiling of the plane nervously and my eyes suddenly fall onto the lady next to me. It seems like she is waiting for me to say something.

"Everybody has their own story," I answer quietly looking at the flight attendant that is holding my drink in her hands. She gives it to me and I thank her and drink it immediately, she looks at me weirdly but takes the empty glass from my hands anyway.

"Well yes, you're right. But you have a different kind of story. Don't you? We have 24 hours long flight in front of us, if you want to share it?"

"Why do you want to know it either way? It's nothing special."

"Let me be the judge of that. Now do you wanna share or should I go to sleep?"

"I don't know what to say. I haven't talked about her for years, I erased her from my memory." The lady next to me nods, signaling me that she is listening. I look towards the window and the lady is looking at me.

"She hurt you badly, didn't she?" I nod, my eyes meeting hers in the process.

"She cheated, made me feel bad about myself, I was always the last one on her list."