Chapter 9

When my heart is ready to burst,
When the world spins in reverse
I'll keep running
To the place where I belong

I sing in her ear sweetly as I am holding her body in my arms, not ready to let go of her ever again. Lauren is mine, she was always mine, and she will always be mine, there is no in between, we belong together.

When you go, turn down the light
No one's here to hold you in the night
I'll keep running
To the place where I belong

When you think you're on your own
I'm still coming home!

"I'll always be here to hold you baby," I whisper quietly as I kiss her cheek.

When our picture fades in the SUN
And all the colors blur in the one
I'll keep running
To the place where I belong

When you think you're on your own
I'm still coming home!

"You're my home Lolo, no matter what or how long it takes, the road always brings me back inside your arms." I could die just to hear her giggle like that for the rest of our lives. I listen closely as I hear her humming something, it sounds like a song and I feel my eyes getting watery as I hear the lyrics.

When the lights are faded to black
Only stars are guiding me back
I'll keep running
To the place I belong

"N-no m-matter what, I-I always knew, t-that at night, w-we were singing and looking a-a-at the s-s-same stars." My heart, I swear that it feels like it is going to explode any second now.

"I am so proud, you actually sang that Lauren. That's my girl." Our foreheads pressed together, our hearts beating as one, a note pressed to my chest as we are looking in eachothers eyes.

'It hurts my heart to know, that tomorrow I am not going to remember this.' I read and a tear escapes my eyes. I look down at our intertwined hands as I get the perfect idea. I pull my phone from my pocket and start singing again to her, looking her straight into the eyes, I feel happy when I realize that she didn't noticed the phone in my hand. I put my phone back inside my pocket as we stare into eachothers eyes again.

Her fingers are slowly discovering my face for the very first time. It's hard to understand that when I know every single detail about her, she doesn't even remember the colour of my eyes without looking at them.

"You're a work of art Laur, you really are," she shakes her head as she starts writing on her note again. I take it from her and she looks shocked but I whisper something in her ear, Talk, slowly I have time to listen.

"Art is a reflection of my soul, my thoughts, my secrets, the words that I can't say out loud ... I do that on my way, I express myself through music, through stories that live in my head. Art, art is finding yourself, finding a better way to show your emotions, through painting, singing, writing, anything, art can be anything that you accept as art, not the people around you, but you. That's the way it should be, we don't have the same opinions on art, and that's okay, the way that you understand it it's all that matters. So no, I am not a work of art, you are because you're helping me find myself again." Her voice is lower than before and a bit raspier, but it sounds amazing. She was talking pretty long, giving every word she said a little thought before she said it. She was frustrated and honestly she wanted to quit talking a few times but I squeezed her hand and made her carry on.

"You're telling me that your green eyes that give me life, aren't a work of art? You're a masterpiece." I whisper quietly and she shakes in my arms. I remember, she yells. The first time we met, she carries on stuttering but still talking.