Chapter 2

"You're something else," she says raising a glass to her red lips and drinking the hot liquid. I can see her eyes shot open as she coughs a little.

"Woah, was that one stronger or am I losing my game? Damn it I am getting old," she says smiling and I remember something weird.

"Ma'am, I don't really know your name, and you know my whole story already." She lets out a laugh that she was holding in for a second, raising her eyebrows up asking me if I am being serious.

"You know little girl, you do have a thing with not knowing the famous people. Do you live in a cave??" My eyes are wide open now as I am trying to remember who she is. Fuck it, I am really bad at this, and she is laughing at me with her white teeth showing in the process.

"I just, I am sorry, being a doctor doesn't allow me to watch the news and stuff. I am sorry I am always stuck in my job to be honest, saving lives is all that matters to me." She nods in understanding.

"Well I might be the woman that everyone "likes", I am helping the poor people get their homes, get them something to eat, help them in every way that I can, well my colleagues hate me for being human but I am, they'll have to accept it. My husband died in a plane accident three years ago and I took over his company in which we help the people from all countries no matter what colour they are, no matter if they're skinny or fluffy, sick or healthy. We are traveling around the hospitals too, giving them the money for new equipment. We are trying to help basically." And now I remember her, she was the one who saved our hospital two years ago when we didn't had enough money for reconstruction. She even took my hand and told me that everything is going to be fine eventually, lets say that she was right, the hospital is now one of the most successful ones in the world and it owns it all to her.

"Are you here?" She asks as she waves her hand in front of my face.

"I am, I just... thank you. You saved our hospital two years ago." She smiles at me.

"Don't worry it was nothing."

"It sure was something for us. You're an angel, and I am so sorry for your loss."

"I think I've heard this words coming from your mouth before."

"I am sorry for not remembering you though."

"Eh don't be, I can see why Lauren liked you now. You are just so real, other people want pictures with me and I don't know what, but you, you are talking to me like we are best buddies."

"Well Susan, we might be. I am always like this though. I mean I don't tell people my story, but I do like to get to know the person personally."

"I'm glad. You're definitely something else." She says and I look through the window, it makes me feel complete, this feeling, I missed it. I can feel myself slipping away into the world full of beautiful places and things.

"I needed her, she was all that it mattered back there. I just needed her, no explanation no reason, she was my rock and I was always waiting for her to realize that I am here and that I need her." I tell Dinah as she is holding my hand tightly, wanting to convince me to stay, I've tried my best with Lauren but enough is enough. Dinah is basically begging me to stay here in the middle of the airport.

"I am here now," I hear a sound coming from my left and I turn around to face her, she is crying, she must have heard our conversation. What is she even doing here, I look at Dinah and her face says it all, she called her.

"I want to be the one that matters again, I want to be there when you need me the most, I want us to last, I want you in my arms baby girl." She comes closer but she stops a few inches away from me, she must have realized that I am not in the mood for her bull-shit.

"How does it feel Lauren? How does it feel to be left behind, how does it feel when your words have no meaning? I can't trust you again, I've tried, God knows I've tried but I can't, I am too weak for that, for you. I have to go back and live my life like before."

"Do you mean live your life alone?" She asks and it makes me angry, what does she mean by that? My life was great once, before she decided to fucked it up.

"I had a girl, there was this Emily, she was always waiting for me, she was there when you weren't she was all that I could wish for, but ..."

"... she wasn't me. Nobody can be like you and me and you know it." I hate her for saying that, I really do.

"What do you mean? Nobody can be that fucked up? Yeah I totally agree. Nobody can be as stupid as I was, giving you a second chance to ruin me again. Congratulations Lauren you made it, I am hurt, broken, lost, what else do you want? What could you possibly need now? Do you want a little fun before I go or what? Why are you here, I have to get on that plane." I start to move towards the exit, Dinah is looking at me with sad eyes but before I could leave Lauren is standing in front of me.

"You can't leave, you can't leave with that..."

"...with what?" I ask confused.

"With my heart. You can't take it away from me AGAIN, two months were enough baby, two months of missing you and wanting you back was enough. Each night craving for your touch, thinking about us and sweet nothings you used to whisper in my ear." Well yes we spent two months apart but that wasn't a break up, I had to go see my family that was all.

"It wasn't me who broke the promise Lauren, it wasn't me who let us die. It was all you."

"I, I need you, don't leave me."

"I have to go." I stutter out as I start running away from her towards the plane, I know that if I walk she is going to stop me again, I can hear the heels behind me and I run a bit faster, I can't see her tears but I can still hear her crying and it kills me that I have to do this again but I am not capable of anything else.

"Y/N please! Don't fucking leave! I love you!" That's when it stops, that's when my heart stops and I stop running too, the flight attendant is looking at me like she is going to kill me, she is basically trying to get me on the plane but I am making it worse. Lauren stopped, I don't hear her heels anymore, I don't turn around though.

"I admit it, I am more than a fifty shades of fucked up, that dude doesn't have anything on me, I am unfixable but still I believe that you can fix me. I have never been happier than when I am with you, you make me feel, when I am out there in a crowd of people I try so hard to feel something, anything basically, but I don't. I just feel when I am with you. I love you so much that it hurts, every girl that I met in this two months apart was somehow a little you, maybe her brown hair or her chocholate brown eyes or her lips it didn't matter really, I've seen you in them. But they were never you baby, they never had your voice, they didn't talk like you. I, I hate myself for the things I did to you in this year, I am sorry baby, please don't go." Her voice broke and I wanted so badly to turn around and hug her, but I had no power to do so, I walked away towards the flight attendant slowly and she took my ticket, I heard Lauren crying and Dinah telling her to let me go, it broke my heart but I had to do what seemed right in that exact moment.

I feel somebody shaking my shoulder, I open my eyes and the flight attendant is looking at me with her lovely eyes. I look on my left for the old lady but all that I see is a note; "Girl if you love her, you better let her know. Nobody is here forever, time on earth is limited, imagine your life without her, are you strong enough to miss her everyday or are you going to do something about it? If I were you I would walk right up to her and kiss her, kiss her like I mean it, kiss her so passionately that she would know, that she would wanted to stay by myside forever. Some things are meant to be, what if she is the other half of your soul that was lost in the world? Are you really going to let that go?

Ps.: If you ever need a talk, call me, I left a number on the back of this note.

~ Susan Lightful"

I smiled at her words, but the thing that was bothering me was the fact that this little note is not going to let me sleep at night. Soulmate.

I hope you liked it :))